Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Live streaming for overseas supporters

"This has yet again made my blood boil why do anything to encourage these extreme plastics. Get them to support their local team instead of hanging around our club like a bad smell".

The good thing is, not hanging around Carrow Road I can control the size of my scampi portion and watch the game in the comfort of my home without having to fraternise with lewculs like Chihuahua. Win-win if you ask me.

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]"This has yet again made my blood boil why do anything to encourage these extreme plastics. Get them to support their local team instead of hanging around our club like a bad smell".

The good thing is, not hanging around Carrow Road I can control the size of my scampi portion and watch the game in the comfort of my home without having to fraternise with lewculs like Chihuahua. Win-win if you ask me.

Apples[/quote]Why dosen''t the EFL class Scotland as ''overseas''? 

[quote user="king canary"]FYI if you decide to illegally stream these games rather than pay for a service that actually raises money for the club you lose all right to complain about anything the club do.[/quote]FYI, when SKY (or whoever), actually start offering a service whereby fans can watch their team live in their own country and pay a fair price to do it, the majority would actually pay for the service, whereas at the minute, it doesn''t matter where you are geographically in the UK (or whether it''s financially viable/feasible to go to either home or away games) you can''t watch your team play 9 times out 10, yet if you live in pretty much anywhere else in the world you get to watch the Premier league (and often the Championship) live when you feel like it....Not everyone lives within 5 mins of Carrow Road, and not everyone can afford to pay £100 or more to cover the cost of taking in a game, however, this in itself doesn''t justify ''stealing'' content via streams etc, but until there''s a genuine option in-between, fans are given little choice if they genuinely want to watch their team play and simply can''t for other reasons.I''m lucky to get to CR once a season (will often go to away games like Barnsley, Rotherham, Sheff Wed etc), and if there was an option whereby I could pay say £15-20 a month to watch each of our games live I absolutely would sign up tomorrow, it''s not going to impact on attendances for fans like myself who struggle to get to matches anyway, and it does mean that the club can get something back from us fans in the process. As long as overall attendance numbers remain steady (most fans would rather go to games than watch on telly anyway), I simply don''t see the issue here.

[quote user="king canary"]FYI if you decide to illegally stream these games rather than pay for a service that actually raises money for the club you lose all right to complain about anything the club do.[/quote]

I will be more than willing to pay the £110. I pay £40 for Canaryplayer.

But if I am unable to stream and consequently won''t be paying £110 because it is blocked within the UK, I can''t see how I would be depriving the club if I watched it on Kodi.

I also pay the £40 for Canaryplayer, although I''m not sure why. When not at a match, there''s a facebook link that gives me live commentary, much more up to date. Plus I have a Kodi box which saves me a fortune. I watch all my movies on it so don''t subscribe to sky movies and refuse to pay the extra for Sky box-office so watched the Joshua fight on. 

The thing is though, some people may be willing to pay for a decent service, but there will be countless others that will happily stream it illegally if the option is there. It''s why piracy exists in the first place. The price of music albums, movies etc are all reasonably priced yet some people will still try to obtain illegally if it''s free. This will be the case with this initiative.

I''m still of the opinion that no 3pm games should be made available in this country. You either go or follow on radio or social media etc. I really think you would see situations where individuals might choose streaming over attending, even if a short journey. Conversely, if there was an option to watch away games online there could be dwindling numbers here, what with the time and cost involved. Indeed, I''ve cancelled plans to go to away games when Sky have added it to their schedule. This could have quite a big financial effect on some Football League clubs. It''s why the legislation banning 3pm coverage was ntroduced in the first place.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]I can''t see how I would be depriving the club if I watched it on Kodi.[/quote]https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kodi-box-users-face-10-years-jail-new-piracy-law-082418885.html[/quote]But home users are still unlikely to be prosecuted, as investigations by

FACT (Federation Against Copyright Theft), will focus on dealers

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]The thing is though, some people may be willing to pay for a decent service, but there will be countless others that will happily stream it illegally if the option is there. It''s why piracy exists in the first place. The price of music albums, movies etc are all reasonably priced yet some people will still try to obtain illegally if it''s free. This will be the case with this initiative.

I''m still of the opinion that no 3pm games should be made available in this country. You either go or follow on radio or social media etc. I really think you would see situations where individuals might choose streaming over attending, even if a short journey. Conversely, if there was an option to watch away games online there could be dwindling numbers here, what with the time and cost involved. Indeed, I''ve cancelled plans to go to away games when Sky have added it to their schedule. This could have quite a big financial effect on some Football League clubs. It''s why the legislation banning 3pm coverage was ntroduced in the first place.[/quote]

I can''t quite reconcile the difference between 3pm on Saturday to 8pm on a Friday.

The clubs sold their souls and their arguments when they accepted the SKY deal originally. Of course EFL clubs were dangled a take it or leave it carrot.

The only people who can argue are SKY, BT etc who pay the money.

And I can''t believe that season ticket holders wouldn''t go just because it was on SKY.

Living in Cornwall (who fixtured Bristol City on a Tuesday night?) means I cannot get to home games and many away games. The ISP knows my location. Why is it not feasible for them to allow me to pay to watch?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]I can''t see how I would be depriving the club if I watched it on Kodi.[/quote]https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kodi-box-users-face-10-years-jail-new-piracy-law-082418885.html[/quote]But home users are still unlikely to be prosecuted, as investigations by

FACT (Federation Against Copyright Theft), will focus on dealers[/quote]
Home users are unlikely to be prosecuted because they know that they have no viable way of catching people who use "illegal" streams. All this nonsense of streaming a football match and you''ll end up 10 years in jail is pure BS scare tactics.

There''s nothing wrong with plastics, but I''m not one ! A season ticket holder for the last 25 years living in Swindon it''s a hell of a trip so don''t make it to midweek matches

Fair point, I only support Norwich because I can''t afford to go to the Arsenal and for mildly ironic reasons.

Apples

@keelansgrandad
"Owners of Kodi boxes are doing nothing illegal provided they do not broadcast what they are intercepting."
Incorrect. If you watch an illegal stream you are breaking the law irrespective of whether you broadcast it further or make money out of it. The criterion is simply whether you are infringing someone''s legal rights over the content you are watching. To illustrate, the BBC have the copyright over the programmes they broadcast. They are quite happy to allow their iPlayer to be loaded onto a Kodi box, and for you to watch the content thereon BUT, before you access the content they require you to confirm that you have a TV licence. Having a licence means in effect you have paid the necessary subscription for the service. If in fact you have no licence and watch that content, you are breaking the law irrespective of whether you broadcast it further.