Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Players attitudes

Would appear some have thrown their teddys out of the cot after being told they would be released, most notably Bennett it would appear, whereas Ruddy and Whittaker have knuckled down and trained as normal in spite of being released! Hats off to JR and SW, I hope they get decent moves whereas the others have done themselves no favours by having their hissy fits! Looks like Bennett et al are really putting themselves in the shop window!

Bit devils advocate but I can see where they are coming from. If you know you''re going to be released why risk serious injury that could jeopardise your chances of getting a new club? Say Bennett plays Sunday and does his knee ligaments - he could find himself without pay until he''s fully recovered.

Whats the big deal? the club has made it''s decision to release him, he''s not held in the same level as Ruddy with the fans not really needing a send off, he''s had injury issues and will need to pass a medical in a few weeks at another club.

In all honesty i''d give the lad Joe Crowe from the youth team a run out in what is a meaningless game see if he can show signs of stepping up.

Point I''m making is that by not training will clubs think he has an attitude problem so he may end up without a club that''s all.

Agree about giving a youngster a start in his place although I would like to see Efete instead of Crowe

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Point I''m making is that by not training will clubs think he has an attitude problem so he may end up without a club that''s all.

Agree about giving a youngster a start in his place although I would like to see Efete instead of Crowe[/quote]

I''d be ok with Efete too, i think it''s a good opportunity to really see where they are in their development.

I think Bennett will get another championship club without to much trouble, i wouldnt be surprised to see him off to wolves. Lambert has a habit of liking to sign his previous players.

He''s absolutely sh1te! There you go, this just shows his problem perfectly. He thinks he''s miles better than he actually is and hasn''t worked on his game enough. That he actually thinks he can act out after being released despite being one of the worst players at the club just summes him up perfectly.

We signed him as a L1 quality player and that''s what he still is. I''d imagine most in the squad have had a bit of a laugh over his supposed hissy fit given how little he offers.

He''ll wait around all summer for an offer for a Championship/PL club, won''t get one and will end up back at Peterborough or whatever club is cut adrift at the bottom of the Championship in October.

So glad to see the back of him! Awful player.

Irvine said in his interview that the players didn''t have to come to training if they didn''t want to - so hardly anyone having a hissy fit.

You can understand them not wanting to turn up when they weren''t even making the bench - Turner isn''t even fit enough after injury to play so what would he be coming for exactly?

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]He''s absolutely sh1te! There you go, this just shows his problem perfectly. He thinks he''s miles better than he actually is and hasn''t worked on his game enough. That he actually thinks he can act out after being released despite being one of the worst players at the club just summes him up perfectly.

We signed him as a L1 quality player and that''s what he still is. I''d imagine most in the squad have had a bit of a laugh over his supposed hissy fit given how little he offers.

He''ll wait around all summer for an offer for a Championship/PL club, won''t get one and will end up back at Peterborough or whatever club is cut adrift at the bottom of the Championship in October.

So glad to see the back of him! Awful player.[/quote]

The fatal combination or arrogance and ignorance. It''s a shame that it has ended this way, but only for him; it''s not ever getting any better for RB.

If I was the manager I would hope to get an honest answer from all my players to the question "Is your heart really in it if I pick you for the next game?". Better to know where you stand and select people who want to be on the pitch than find out ten minutes after kick off that you''re only going to get a half-hearted performance. So they''ve done us a favour.

Surely if he showed a better attitude towards training he could have been involved on Sunday and got a decent send off? Will he be part of the lap of appreciation or not?

Yes Bethnal, I would totally expect and understand richly-paid footballers not turning up for one of their few daily commitments. Truly professional.

A bit like when my boss took us out for drinks on a Wednesday and jokingly said we didn''t need to worry about coming in the next day. I could have taken him literally. Do you think that would have reflected well on me?

If you get sacked from your job , told that you are no longer needed and that you don''t need to come to work for the last few days of your contract , it''s not much surprise if you take time off !

Having said that , Rob Butler tweeted that he thought that the released players were in fact at Colney , but trained away from the squad .

Typical hypocrisy from this forums posters 🙄