Sign in to follow this  
Essex_Canary

Average wages of £33k per week

***DISCLAIMER****

A lot of assumptions and guesstimates have gone into the below, but they are reasoned and seem logical. The figures apply for 2015-16 season so will be slightly down after going down (although not that much - our wage bill only dropped 5% the last time we got relegated)

----------------

Total wage bill according to the last set of accounts was £60.1m

The club employed 298 people including players.

So the average wage at the club across every single employee is £3.9k PER WEEK!!

Allowing for ten senior management level staff to earn £200k per year (which seems generous but it''s a fair starting place) that reduces the wage bill to £58.1m for 288 staff.

Add another £2m for senior football management team and that''s £56.1m for 283 staff.

Now take the senior squad of players out (28 players) that 255 office, backroom and support staff. The average national wake is about £28k per week, but football is probably a better payer than average one would presume, so let''s say they all earn £35k (some will learn more, some a lot less but it''s a reasoned average for the point of this exercise).

So that element of the wage bill equates to around £9m in total. So removing that figure from the £56.1m above leads to a playing wage bill of £47.1m for 28 players. As with the general employees of the club some will earn more, some will earn a lot less but that averages £33.2k PER WEEK.

Anyone who suggests the club are cheap skates and have dodged spending money needs to think again, if anything we''ve been guilty of the exact opposite. Some of the contracts for some of our squad seem far too high if £33.2k is the AVERAGE.

No doubt that certain players are receiving obscene amounts of money compared to us in the general public . However , I firmly believe that a lathe amount of what is attrubuted to the wages column is being trousered by the owners . Why else would they not want to sell ?

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]***DISCLAIMER****

A lot of assumptions and guesstimates have gone into the below, but they are reasoned and seem logical. The figures apply for 2015-16 season so will be slightly down after going down (although not that much - our wage bill only dropped 5% the last time we got relegated)

----------------

Total wage bill according to the last set of accounts was £60.1m

The club employed 298 people including players.

So the average wage at the club across every single employee is £3.9k PER WEEK!!

Allowing for ten senior management level staff to earn £200k per year (which seems generous but it''s a fair starting place) that reduces the wage bill to £58.1m for 288 staff.

Add another £2m for senior football management team and that''s £56.1m for 283 staff.

Now take the senior squad of players out (28 players) that 255 office, backroom and support staff. The average national wake is about £28k per week, but football is probably a better payer than average one would presume, so let''s say they all earn £35k (some will learn more, some a lot less but it''s a reasoned average for the point of this exercise).

So that element of the wage bill equates to around £9m in total. So removing that figure from the £56.1m above leads to a playing wage bill of £47.1m for 28 players. As with the general employees of the club some will earn more, some will earn a lot less but that averages £33.2k PER WEEK.

Anyone who suggests the club are cheap skates and have dodged spending money needs to think again, if anything we''ve been guilty of the exact opposite. Some of the contracts for some of our squad seem far too high if £33.2k is the AVERAGE.[/quote]The accounts in effect give a figure specifically for player wages, although whether that applies just to the two dozen or more senior players I don''t know. It may include every player who gets paid. It is also possible "wages" includes bonuses.But if, for the sake of argument, it is just the top 28 players and not including bonuses then the average wage last season in the Premier League was just under £2m, so about £36,900 per week. In the Championship the season before it was £1.2m, so £23,900 per week.

If they were, considering what they have put in, why shouldn''t they take something out?That''s what investment is and what any new investor would want to do as well-noone is going to give us money for nothing.

Is the OP talking about playing staff, non playing staff or both? Does this include development players or not? I didn''t really understand the numbers.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Is the OP talking about playing staff, non playing staff or both? Does this include development players or not? I didn''t really understand the numbers.[/quote]As with Brexit, so with this, RTB. All you need to do is read my posts to be told the truth.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I firmly believe that a lathe amount of what is attrubuted to the wages column is being trousered by the owners.[/quote]No Problem with that. Twenty years of loyalty and hard work entitles them to some sort of remuneration. And I agree with the OP, after all these years of being told our club is too prudent and unambitious, the same people are now telling us we have been throwing too much money around in our search for success. The haters are always gonna hate.

Whom of the current NCFC Board of Director''s are paid a salary from the club''s coffers?......If any?

Payments to directors either as salaries and on-costs or dividends would surely be shown in the annual accounts as they were for McNally for example.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Payments to directors either as salaries and on-costs or dividends would surely be shown in the annual accounts as they were for McNally for example.[/quote]Of course they would Crafty. I think ''Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd'' is actually accusing them of embezzlement when he accuses them of "trousering the money". A pretty strong accusation to make. Let''s hope he has the money to back it up if they get to read this.....

^^^ True lapps-feel like forwarding it to them, they''d appreciate the chance to challenge the accusation just as, I am sure, BS 48/49 would relish the opportunity to make his claim public.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Payments to directors either as salaries and on-costs or dividends would surely be shown in the annual accounts as they were for McNally for example.[/quote]Of course they would Crafty. I think ''Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd'' is actually accusing them of embezzlement when he accuses them of "trousering the money". A pretty strong accusation to make. Let''s hope he has the money to back it up if they get to read this.....[/quote]There is a common-sense rule in defamation - you only sue people who might remotely be taken seriously...