Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Youth players comimg through

How many will eventually step up will be seen in the next season or two. But it does suggest that the youth set up is beginning to show returns.KeepersMathews, DefendersGodfrey, Ramsay, Toffolo, CroweMidfieldersMcGrandles, Maddison, Grant, Thompson, Middleton, CantwellForwardsMorrison,

[quote user="Carrow89"]How many will eventually step up will be seen in the next season or two. But it does suggest that the youth set up is beginning to show returns.KeepersMathews, DefendersGodfrey, Ramsay, Toffolo, CroweMidfieldersMcGrandles, Maddison, Grant, Thompson, Middleton, CantwellForwardsMorrison, [/quote]

I guess you mean Carlton and and Steve.

I didn''t mean two "and". I meant "and not"

Not sure you can really claim Maddison, Thompson or McGrandles as evidence our youth set up is paying off.
It''s Carlton Morris, not Morrison.
You also missed Efete and Eboue Adams who will be hoping to push on next year.

It was not meant as a comprehensive list as there are others also. Merely an example of those closest to the first team. Adams joined the club around the same time as Maddison. The suggestion is that the youth set up is not simply about taking kids then progressing them up to adult players but identifying promising youngsters and then progressing them through to the senior squad, as many of those listed, joined us after having been at other clubs for some while. And yes it is Morris, my mistake.

Isn''t Remi Matthews now 23?

I would like to think that it''s between him and Rudd for no1 next year, but don''t see the merit in keeping both as they both deserve a ''career''

I think it''s both gratifying and important to bring some youth through , but we shouldn''t expect more than one or two a year imo .

I say this while having the extra £18 or whatever it is taken along with the payment for my season tickets , and truly hope that our academy is not a waste of time and money , Southampton have been successful in using their system to bring in a pretty good revenue stream , which has massively contributed to their establishing themselves in the EPL

Who from the squad who won the cup are playing professional football apart from the Murphy''s and the lad at Luton??

Toffolo and morris both still here. Ben wyatt is at colchester although was loaned out to a non league team this season, and mcfadden is at sligo rovers

We are kidding ourselves by patting ourselves on the back when only 2 have progressed from youth to first team. Those two may have done so to some extent due to their relationship with each other and that their long term with Norwich City. Some of those mentioned are merely promising and are not young superstars but hopefuls.

We hope they all progress and become regulars and become PL and England or wherever internationals. However the record is not great on developing players. Perhaps we would do better looking at lower league players.

I''m not so sure that saying only two made it isn''t a cause for celebration.

Since 2009, the FA Youth Cup has been won once by Manchester United, 6 times by Chelsea and once by us.

If you take just our two legs against Chelsea, you can count Josh and Jacob, Carlton Morris and Harry Toffolo who are in and around our first team, and could expect to register league appearances for us next year.

Chelsea, albeit playing at a higher level, have only had Loftus-Cheek, Aina and Christensen break into the first team, to the tune of 25 apps between them (22 going to RL-C).

I think our lads are doing just fine.

When we started putting more money into the academy to get catergory 1 status etc they said we wouldnt see fruition till the age group of Middleton & Cantwell etc.