Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Starting eleven for next season

Very hard to say ATM but a useful thread to keep bumping as the summer progresses 👍

Don''t think its obvious at all - both Webber and Irvine have made it clear that they think this squad is too big, which I think is spot on.So whilst there will be undoubtedly be some new faces I think we should expect far more outs than ins during this window to reduce the squad to a better size, whilst plugging the obvious gaps.Future windows will also mean new faces but will presumably be linked to how successful we are in moving on some of the current squad who will still be in contract - this may be a far from straightforward process.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]LDC, you are saying how wonderful Naismith is on another thread but don''t include him in your 11? Also you moan about Wes on that same thread?

You really do leave yourself open for ridicule 😂😂[/quote]

??  Suggest you look at the line up again.

I don''t think Dijks wants to be here next season. He looked fantastic to start with but rapidly got careless.

A player who doesn''t want to be with you is useless, no matter what his ability.

Yeah, but he''s big and comes from the continent. Who cares how many crosses easily drift in from our opponent''s right wing - we can just blame Martin for losing his man?!

Disclaimer: I''m a fan of Dijks, but he''s just as culpable as the rest of the defence IMO.

When play Pritchard, our best player, on the left, out of position?

Surely to build a team you want your best players in their best positions?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]When play Pritchard, our best player, on the left, out of position?

Surely to build a team you want your best players in their best positions?[/quote]Agreed.  But it''s only based on what we have now and who might still be here in July. I''ve culled the midfield and defence too. It''s just an indication of addressing the defensive frailty and poor defensive midfield that has been in evidence this season. Not forgetting any new players that might come in.

rudd     pinto manga caulker toffolo             howson cattermoleassombalonga pritchard murphy                    oliviera