Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Good luck and farewell Big John

Thanks for all that you''ve done for us and some great memories.

Good luck for the future👍

Have so many brilliant memories of JR in a City shirt, a sad day for me but pleased he was involved in the perfect end to his City career.

The very best of luck John, you played a part as big as your frame in some great times here and I hope you go on to finish your career on a high (you''ll always be City as far as I''m concerned though 👍)

Thanks JR for your service!

Can''t believe the idiot on Canary Call saying the club owed him nothing, he has been a great servant and when Chelsea came calling didn''t throw a strop when he didn''t get a move!

Would rather we kept him and let McGovern go but we are stuck with McGovern for the time being at least!

Wouldn''t surprise me to see him in the Premier League next season

Not surprised to here JR state that the club has informed him it would be difficult to honour his contract - he won''t be the only big name leaving I would suggest. It''s obvious financially something has to give like our better paid players, and we had better get used to it!

To be fair to him, he has been here 7 years

Yes it may have been difficult to honour his contract etc,but I would suggest other teams could offer more anyway.

Sunderland will lose Pickford, Southampton may lose Forster, Leicester may lose Schmeicel and so on

Cant believe Weber couldn''t find other savings to keep Big John.

Loyalty is rare in the modern game, mind you, possibly not something Weber would be familiar with given his nomadic career so far.

I don''t think it is down to loyalty FCC.

In Ruddy''s interview, he mentioned something about his contract, and obligations (?) so perhaps it mat have been linked to us going up , as one of those contractual issues?

I''m certainly not looking at Webber as the fault here.

I''m guessing there was an option on his contract where if we kept him another year it would have been on the current salary.

[quote user="FCC"]Cant believe Weber couldn''t find other savings to keep Big John.

Loyalty is rare in the modern game, mind you, possibly not something Weber would be familiar with given his nomadic career so far.[/quote]

Bit odd for a number one goalie to not be given a contract.  It''s not as if he is old or over the hill.  If he was languishing in the reserves and not getting game time, then I could understand it more. Wish him luck though, the two promotions he was involved in were a lot to do with having him in goal.  The injury and the tonkings in the premier league I believe knocked his career back a bit, but he has still been the number one goalie for most of seven seasons. Hope he finds a club that will give him a good challenge.

I think it comes down to asset management.

Do we need a keeper of Ruddy''s current ability, at the wages being paid?

Could we instead bankroll a defensive leader, allowing us to utilise a less expensive keeper?

Best of luck to Ruddy- a symbol of what was right with the previous couple of years. My money is on him going up a league.

Cheers Ruddy, a proper honest pro and have loved watching you celebrate our goals with as much passion as us lot!!