Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Injuries ahead of Northampton. Starting 11?

No Lisbie, Marney, Davenport for definate through injury/suspension, and ? over Ashton and McVeigh who are also carrying knocks and might not make it. Supposing we were without ALL of those, what 11 would you field?

Green

Colin, Shackell, Doherty, Drury

Jarrett, Hughes, Safri, Henderson

Huckerby, Jarvis

Although I reckon McVeigh and Ashton will play, so replace them with Henderson and Jarvis.

[quote]I''d play: Greeno Colin Doc Shacks Drury Saf Hughes WLY Hucks Deano Jarvis IMO we can''t take tonight lightly. We found that out a couple of seasons ago[/quote]

I''d take it lightly - getting up the league and winning against reading is the key game this week; injuries - sminjuries - allows us to play a weakened squad without getting censured bythe football league. 

Gallagher

Cave-Brown Fleming Shackell  Brennan

Jarrett Rossi Jarvis  Hughes 

WLY 

Jarvis   Henderson 

Mix of experince and inexperience (and a chance for Flem & shacks to regain confidence) while protecting our best players - play to win but not bothered if we dont - excellent development opportunity for our younger players.

A defeat for a full sgrength team would also hit confidence

OTBC

Totally agree Zipper, golden opportunity to give some of the lads a rest and some others a game. I had been wondering whether Ashton has been carrying a slight knock and I see no point at all in risking him.

I would actually rest Hughes as well and give JB another game.

Mark .Y.

[quote]No Lisbie, Marney, Davenport for definate through injury/suspension, and ? over Ashton and McVeigh who are also carrying knocks and might not make it. Supposing we were without ALL of those, what 11 w...[/quote]

5-3-2 Attacking formation:-

Green

Drury - DCL

Doherty - DC

Colin - DCR

Brennan - DML/Attacking

Hughes - MC

Jarrett - MC

Huckerby - DMR/Attacking

Safri - AMC

Henderson

Jarvis

Subs: Whoever''s fit

[quote]I reckon that tonight will see the return of Craig Fleming. Don''t know why, just have my suspicions!![/quote]

You can bet your bottom dollar on it, which is a shame, because if anybody should play in defence with the inform Doherty, Colin & Drury it should be Shackell -- Assuming Worthers will inevitably be playing 4 across the back, which is a negative in my opinion as City should be all out attack in this particular tie -- Depending on availability, the formation, players & tactics I''ve suggested I''m sure would work in building a two goal lead then maybe revert to 4-4-2 with Shackell coming on for a midfielder to save some legs -- Fleming should be 2nd choice sub & maybe come on in the latter stages, once again, to save weary legs.

Ho hum more rumours.

Team for tonight

-Ward is in goal
-Fleming is playing right back and rossi jarvis is on the bench and will replace him after half time. Docs is def centre back, probably partnering shacks.
- Jarrett is playing in midfield, with safri on the bench
- Hendo is playing just behind the strikers, which are Hucks and Jarvis
- Deano on bench

[quote]Green Colin, Shackell, Doherty, Drury Jarrett, Hughes, Safri, Henderson Huckerby, Jarvis Although I reckon McVeigh and Ashton will play, so replace them with Henderson and Jarvis.[/quote]

in that case id do this:

Green

Colin, Shackell, Doherty, Drury

Jarrett, Hughes, Safri, Huckerby

Mcveigh, Ashton

meeky - stunning - u must be insider of some kind!! totally right again as u were with ur rumours for the scummers - are u worthy or something?!?! lol

what do you guys think of the line up?

Im very pleased, i dont take carling cup too seriously so i think its the perfect time to give hendo and jarvis''s a run out. Along with Jarrett getting a full game.

btw, huckerby just scored a penalty.

[quote]meeky - stunning - u must be insider of some kind!! totally right again as u were with ur rumours for the scummers - are u worthy or something?!?! lol[/quote]

Ha ha Tom, Worthy I''m not, just pick up little snippets of information from time to time.

[quote]meeky - stunning - u must be insider of some kind!! totally right again as u were with ur rumours for the scummers - are u worthy or something?!?! lol[/quote]

tom

i can categorically state that meeky is NOT worthy

please consider that i would have more taste than that 

Hi gazza. I know your response was directed to Tom but I also found myself pondering whether your taste could possibly extend to Worthy. Let''s see now....Worthy repeats the same gibberish constantly, when others have a different point of view to him he refuses to speak to them, when it comes to the dance floor he''s too much of a hoofer and last, but certainly not least, he''s obviously got one favourite position that he refuses to change. Okay, I tend to agree with you....I think you must have better taste than that so Meeky, therefore, can not be Worthy.

[quote]Hi gazza. I know your response was directed to Tom but I also found myself pondering whether your taste could possibly extend to Worthy. Let''s see now....Worthy repeats the same gibberish constantly, ...[/quote]

That made me chuckle Yankee. You wait til Gazza reads it though.

;o)

[quote]Hi gazza. I know your response was directed to Tom but I also found myself pondering whether your taste could possibly extend to Worthy. Let''s see now....Worthy repeats the same gibberish constantly, ...[/quote]

Hi yankee

no my taste is only directed to meeky at the moment, as you know, worthy isn''t my kind of guy!!

i prefer balls to feet myself and if i had stuck to the same person for as long as worthy does i would probably be married and going for a long service award  lol

nice to hear from you yankee, and yes, you made me laugh! 

[quote]Hi yankee no my taste is only directed to meeky at the moment, as you know, worthy isn''t my kind of guy!! i prefer balls to feet myself and if i had stuck to the same person for as long as worthy do...[/quote]

Blimey! Didn''t realise you had a foot fetish Gazza. Looks like I will have to have a serious look at the tactical side of things?

Hmmm perhaps a visit to that new club opening in Prince of Wales Road will be in order, perhaps I might learn something?

Thinking of it, perhaps Worthy might get some ideas as well. I''m sure balls and feet will figure somewhere!