Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Jason Roberts/Darren Huckerby

Jason Roberts for 2million, Darren Huckerby for 750k
To me Huckerby is twice the player and almost three times as cheap.
Anyone here who would rather have Roberts????

I was quite impressed with Roberts last season in the prem, playing on his own for a struggling team, but then he fell out of favour and there must be a reason for that. Maybe he''s a muppet.

I''m glad we got Hucks instead. Imagine a Roberts/Roberts combination up front - how would Roy Waller cope with that?!!

It wouldn''t matter if we wanted him or not coz we wouldn''t be able to afford him anyway. Im sure you can get a lot more better players for less than £2m. eg Darren Huckerby :)

I thought that £1,000,000 for Geoff Horsfield was a lot of money in this day and age but to me £2,000,000 for Jason Roberts is ridiculous. Alright he''s not a bad player but he hasn''t proven that much to me i just cannot believe someone has forked out that kind of money for him. I feel this is a desparation buy, the fact that the chairman has money to burn, they''ve got a million from the sale of Horsfield and no other big names want to play for the club. Good luck to them..........except when they play us.

Actually I think Geoff Horsefield is a very good player. I watched him with West Brom against Walsall the other week and he was very influential. He holds up the ball well (aren''t to many cheap ones of those about) and he can score aswell. Got a lot of experience and I think was a very good buy for West Brom. He could change around a lot of games!