Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

You've got to laugh...

From the Binners...

As the game moved into its final couple of minutes with the Owls looking more likely to add to their lead on the break than Town were to equalise, sections of the Sir Bobby Robson Stand briefly began chanting ‘Mick McCarthy, we want you to go’.

Soon after the final whistle was greeted by a huge cheer from the visiting fans and boos from the home support.

A relatively small number of fans stayed behind for the subsequent traditional lap of appreciation and while most applauded, there were chants aimed at McCarthy from some in the Sir Bobby Robson Stand.

The good news is he staying next season to see his contract out

However, the Blues boss was gratified to receive a warm welcome at the players end of season awards evening and reiterated his intention to remain with Town next season.

“You might understand if I said here was the last place I wanted to come and stand and speak today," he said.

“As we were walking around the pitch at the end of the game, I didn’t realise I was so popular. For all those that find me so popular, I’m just going to let you know that I will be back here next year, even if that’s just to annoy the people who don’t like me"

All the awards will presumably go to that guy they had on loan, Lawrence, without whom they''d have been relegated - he''s their only decent player. They could struggle big-time next season, and with ever diminishing attendances…

How did they find awards to give out? Same way we are because it''s hardly been a fantastic season for us has it?

You are so funny Nutty 😂😂 why the hell is there an obsession with those over the border with so many fans?

1p5wich Clown FC received a special long service award from the F.A., for their ongoing record setting time spent in the Championship division. Unlike our tinpot club, having yo-yo''d in and out of the premier league with our full house attendance each week and waiting list for season tickets, our celebrity board, and several international players costing multi-million pounds each.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]why the hell is there an obsession with those over the border with so many fans?[/quote]No Norwich fan would ever ask such a daft question......

ok, just gone on their website to see their misery.... and blow me down, they''re talking about us!!

under this Gary Monk thread, someone claims to be in the know and we''re getting Rosler on 1st July but we''re struggling to agree the money for his number 2.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/404794/please-can-we-appoint-garry-monk/#13

???

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]All the awards will presumably go to that guy they had on loan, Lawrence, without whom they''d have been relegated - he''s their only decent player. They could struggle big-time next season, and with ever diminishing attendances…[/quote]

Maybe Webber should sign up whoever it was at Ipsh!te that spotted Tom Lawrence?

Is Lawrence that good though? My nan would look good playing for that shower and she''s been dead the last 35 years...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]They could struggle big-time next season, and with ever diminishing attendances…[/quote]Ha!I''ve just had a quick look........2014/15 ave att: 19603.2015/16 ave att: 18959.2016/17 ave att: 16980.2000 lower gates is a huge drop and mean lower income from not just ticket sales but also food, drinks, shirts, programs etc. At this rate they''ll need a mobile food bank outside Poorman Rd to feed the poor old binners. [pi]

Without another high transfer fee coming in there will have to be further cuts in the player budget. The money from Mings was a few million more than their total ticket revenue. Marcus Evans doesn''t appear to be willing to hand over the money any more either .I don''t think it will be parachute payments they will be getting, but aid parachuted in.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]They could struggle big-time next season, and with ever diminishing attendances…[/quote]Ha!I''ve just had a quick look........2014/15 ave att: 19603.2015/16 ave att: 18959.2016/17 ave att: 16980.2000 lower gates is a huge drop and mean lower income from not just ticket sales but also food, drinks, shirts, programs etc. At this rate they''ll need a mobile food bank outside Poorman Rd to feed the poor old binners. [pi][/quote]

They have yesterday''s attendance as 19,000 exactly, don''t believe a word that comes out of they s...hole

The guy who went actually had the lack of self-awareness to say " small following Of Norwich fans "! How many do they take to away games?

[quote user="Diane"]The good news is he staying next season to see his contract out

However, the Blues boss was gratified to receive a warm welcome at the players end of season awards evening and reiterated his intention to remain with Town next season.

“You might understand if I said here was the last place I wanted to come and stand and speak today," he said.

“As we were walking around the pitch at the end of the game, I didn’t realise I was so popular. For all those that find me so popular, I’m just going to let you know that I will be back here next year, even if that’s just to annoy the people who don’t like me"[/quote]

MM is popular with the 300 fans that stayed behind. With the other 10,000 that left just after Wednesday scored, the 5,000 Seasons Ticket holders that didn''t go, and the remaining X thousand that haven''t renewed their ST''s over the last 3 years, less so.

Long may it continue

Didnt get any better for them today

Sorry cant do clicky

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/the-verdict-worst-season-in-58-years-and-little-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-for-ipswich-town-1-5007112

Mick is yet to sit down and have a chat with Marcus Evans. I have a sneaky feeling that when he finds out what Evans is offering for the coming season he may feel ''sud that for a game of soldiers'' and walk away. i doubt he needs the money that much, and certainly not the abuse he is getting from their fans. Find himself a job nearer his origins. One with a bit of drive and passion and see what he can do then instead of the daily grief at PR.