Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Mitchell dijks facebook update

Dijks has updated his Facebook with the following

Read that how you wish. Would love to see him stay.

Goodbye, Goodbye. Great to hear your name and to hear you have to sign. Thankyou everyone

Did you mean his Instagram page cause they were discussing on twitter how the translation on his page could be misconstrued

Never thought he would stay if we didn''t go up and Im sure he''s got lots of offers on the table, some probably from Premier clubs maybe?

Lower end Prem clubs maybe but I don''t think he''s that impressive.

Would certainly have him here next season but I don''t think he''s shown anything to suggest he''s too good for us.

The reference I was given was to Facebook, but his Insta may be the same Diane.

He has a year left at Ajax and wasn''t starting, so they would be open to offers I''d guess, and he did say last week his agent and ncfc were talking.

Would like to see us at least try with a bid, but guess that happen until new coach is onboard

If he is no longer wanted at Ajax they will simply be looking for another club to take on his remaining contract. Where the haggling will come is what we offer him after that. A year with an option would suit us. We don''t go up we are not stuck with someone on the wage bill we might not need, or be able to afford. If we go up we can then appraise whether he is worth keeping. Whatever deal it is I''m sure it will be time limited ie it won''t stay on the table for him to come back to on Aug 31st if he''s had no better offer.

He isn''t a premier league full back in my opinion, he may get an offer but probably would be keeping a bench warm somewhere

In a recent interview Stuart Webber did highlight our lack of left backs but based on what has happened so far with players & staff I wouldn''t like to second guess what Webber will do as Mitchell Dijks was only signed to the end of the season with an option (presumably on the players and the clubs side) for a permanent deal.

Yes, the understanding from when we signed him was that there was a potential deal agreed for the end of the season, but we assumed it would hinge upon us being in the PL. I guess we''ll see soon enough, but imagine there will be others interested.

In my humble opinion, Djiks and Pinto are wing-backs. He''s fantastic going forward and love his interplay with Josh yesterday but he can only just defend - and it was against a pretty duff QPR side.

I would love to see us implement a 3 5 2 on occasion with those chaps as wing backs but we can only do this with a solid centre.

I won''t shed a tear if he goes but will be happy enough if he stays AND we sort out our soft caramel middle.

I bet we''d have got those 10 or 11 extra points needed had Mitchell been with us from the start of the season. Really hope he joins us on a permanent but won''t get my hopes up. The Grant Holt of left backs...

Agree, would like to retain him for next season. But isn''t this post his goodbye? Because he knows he is not staying?

[quote user="sonyc"]Agree, would like to retain him for next season. But isn''t this post his goodbye? Because he knows he is not staying?[/quote]That''s certainly how it reads to me. He''s chuffed with the appreciative chants and being implored to sign, but it''s tot ziens, vaarwel!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]His acquisition would be inconsistent with our fire sale.[/quote]Who have we put up for sale then ?