Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Alan Irvine

Get over yourself Irvine. I''ve been through redundancy process 3 times in 18months working for a big Norwich based company. This is the real world. Business is uncertain. Earn your place.

I get the feeling Alan Irvine does not like this style of set up. He sees himself as a manager in charge of everything, not a head coach having to work under somebody else

[quote user="NCFC198"]Get over yourself Irvine. I''ve been through redundancy process 3 times in 18months working for a big Norwich based company. This is the real world. Business is uncertain. Earn your place.[/quote]Can''t say I''m surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rLDflkUHNkc

This is the NCFC edited version 😭

[quote user="Herman"]Is there anything about this club that you actually like?[/quote]

Well, I''m not that keen on nepotism, cronyism and favouritism......What''s your opinion on Brexit?

I appreciate good communication is a key leadership skill; mind you, if I was an NCFC employee I''d operate on the basis that I have a job until told I haven''t. Just like everyone else in the world....

It''s great. We now have a country run by and for people like you. Magic[Y]

Mello Yello wrote:

It needs to be sorted, it''s definitely unfair to keep the current employees in the dark.....The new man Mr Webber was quick to wield the axe on the end of the contract 7.....and just as quick to appoint ''his 2'' from Wolves.....If what Mr Irvine said is factually correct, I do find it a bit ''shabby'' and quite unprofessional.....Folk''s future is at stake and they need to be informed......Oh, and I don''t give a mange addled monkey''s butt if anyone thinks I''m beating the club with a stick.....

No, you don''t......and you are!

Yeah Yankee, you can be first in the queue to purse your lips and taste the mange.....

I guess he will be told tomorrow. Why would you tell him on or before the day of a match?

Webber "“We have been fortunate to have Alan to take the reins in a difficult situation. I was really honest with him and said the head coach will decide his fate from the club’s side,” he said. “Alan was equally honest and said it has to be right for him. I spoke to him Sunday night and reiterated that. He knows it will be two to three weeks down the line when he speaks to the new head coach. The same with Frankie. I have spoken to him on three occasions and unfortunately I can’t give him an answer. That is how it works in their position. In terms of the other staff, whether that is Dean, the sports science and physios, I spoke to them all on day one and said they work for the club and that doesn’t change. If we get down the line and for whatever reason the head coach comes in and doesn’t have a relationship with them and it doesn’t work for either party that is life. That is any business, not just football.”"

[quote user="Van wink"]Webber "“We have been fortunate to have Alan to take the reins in a difficult situation. I was really honest with him and said the head coach will decide his fate from the club’s side,” he said. “Alan was equally honest and said it has to be right for him. I spoke to him Sunday night and reiterated that. He knows it will be two to three weeks down the line when he speaks to the new head coach. The same with Frankie. I have spoken to him on three occasions and unfortunately I can’t give him an answer. That is how it works in their position. In terms of the other staff, whether that is Dean, the sports science and physios, I spoke to them all on day one and said they work for the club and that doesn’t change. If we get down the line and for whatever reason the head coach comes in and doesn’t have a relationship with them and it doesn’t work for either party that is life. That is any business, not just football.”"[/quote]Straight talking and every word he said has me thinking we have got the right man running the football side of things at our club.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Van wink"]Webber "“We have been fortunate to have Alan to take the reins in a difficult situation. I was really honest with him and said the head coach will decide his fate from the club’s side,” he said. “Alan was equally honest and said it has to be right for him. I spoke to him Sunday night and reiterated that. He knows it will be two to three weeks down the line when he speaks to the new head coach. The same with Frankie. I have spoken to him on three occasions and unfortunately I can’t give him an answer. That is how it works in their position. In terms of the other staff, whether that is Dean, the sports science and physios, I spoke to them all on day one and said they work for the club and that doesn’t change. If we get down the line and for whatever reason the head coach comes in and doesn’t have a relationship with them and it doesn’t work for either party that is life. That is any business, not just football.”"[/quote]Straight talking and every word he said has me thinking we have got the right man running the football side of things at our club.[/quote]Absolutely, I get exactly the same vibe off the guy. Extremely happy to have such a decisive executive swinging the axe without sentiment.

It''s always curious that fans want radical change and then when it starts to happen it''s too much change, the wrong sort of change, ruthless change, etc., etc., etc.

Reminds me of the old Father Ted sketch where they''re demonstrating with placards "Down with this sort of thing", "Careful now".

Webber should be judged on the results next season.

Apples

Straight talking and every word he said has me thinking we have got the right man running the football side of things at our club.

No beating around the bush and I''m liking how Webber tells it how it is.

Apart from maybe Irvine and the assistant surely it should be business as usual.

I personally think it''s more unprofessional of Irvine to speak to the media rather than the club first.

Irvine is an experienced man within the game who has played second fiddle many of times. Surely he would understand that the incoming top man will maybe want to assign his own staff!

Indeed TIL. Sounds right to me. Employees are still employees until someone decides to change that. They will have a new boss, but stating they don''t know where they stand is not right- they still have their jobs simply just don''t know the new structure and identity of the coach. Players under contract are still under contract until a new coach and webber decide otherwise

Webber is technical or football director or something is he not? Sounds like any other failings are the responsibility of a CEO, which we don''t have. Is there a suggestion that in non football departments something is not happening which it should be?

Most coaches/managers bring their backroom staff with them, not all, but most.

Irvine''s decent end to the season may help him but I see no way McAvoy can survive.

And as long as they are being paid, I don''t see what more they want? They have been in football long enough to know the score.

Like players, most coaches and backroom staff move to new clubs over the summer while teams restructure etc. I can understand people like Dean Keily, Nick Davis, Matt Gill et al wanting to know asap if they will be seeking new employment this summer or still have a job at Norwich.

While they are at the club any new club wanting to sign them will have to pay compensation to buy out the contract - this obviously makes it harder for them to move on and they are losing time to secure new work. If they aren''t wanted at Norwich they''ll want to know now and can get their agents working.

Obviously there isn''t a huge amount Norwich or Webber can do about it until the new head coach is in place but can see why the staff might be getting agitated.

Well now Baldy. Having listened to Stuart Webber and Steve Stone I''m even more convinced you are wrong to expect Delia to step forward and interfere.

I do now think you were looking for yet another stick to beat her and the club with and if you want you can quote me.

Like the cut of his jib.

Early signs point towards a good appointment, the type of character, with no baggage, that we need.

Irvine''s not improved his changes of staying on though, has he? Either he knows there''s no role for him, or he''s so upset that he couldn''t hold himself back from speaking out. In which case, you have to ask why he didn''t go directly to Webber and talk to him, instead of publicly criticising the club. Sounds a little bit like sour grapes.

Discredit Irvine because he dared to criticise something regarding the club.......The Club and board can ne''er do wrong.......from the usual blinkered club sycophants......

Totally agree. By making those remarks to the media, Irvine doesn''t come out of this well. When you look at his cv together with these remarks I think it gives an indication of his mindset. Best he goes home and plays golf.