Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Alan Irvine

Just heard his interview on Radio Norfolk made good point is Webber the right man all staff don''t know what is going to happen .i for one am beginning to think this man is shouting his mouth off 3 weeks in hope we all blame him if we don''t go up next year

Well he pulled no punches there. Shows perhaps just how badly the club has been run over the last few seasons!

I just caught the end of rob butler talking about it. Seems as if none of the staff around the club know where thy stand next season.Presumably the new head coach would be the one choosing that so it''s not overly shocking.

It''s not an ideal situation, but it''s not anyone''s fault really. Webber''s man is obviously still unavailable and he''ll need the head coaches input when deciding on staff changes.

If we''d have made the change in January or earlier Webber could''ve got his man in earlier and we wouldn''t have this uncertainty.

The situation is what it is, it''s mainly AN and the player''s fault, a bit on the board for not sacking him earlier but I don''t know who he''s complaining about. Football is an insecure profession to work in and the club is in a transitional stage.

Heard it in the car, he is astonished that backroom staff don''t know if they have a job with the club, and also he doesn''t know his own position. He must surely realise he''s off but nobody has apparently said anything to him or his staff.

He seemed to indicate that the uncertainty spreads wider than just the coaching team and that lots of ha k top staff don''t know where they stand.

Is that particularly unusual in any large organisation entering a period of restructuring and change?

Webber does so far seem to have been more intent on doing the ''big I am'' type stuff without concentrating on the detail which is possibly more important.

Irvine has been around a long long time and if he says he''s ''astonished'', I think the word was, it suggests something isn''t right.

And it''s reasons like this why I laugh when people say we are a well run family club! These guys and ladies behind the scenes have families and bills to pay too and it isn''t fair to keep them in the dark really is it? Time for our illustrious owners to step forward and sort this out very quickly!

No doubt the likes of Nutty et al will be along with the phrase "any stick to beat the club with!" But it isn''t that at all, it''s embarrassing and you could hear the anger in Irvine''s voice!

Come on Delia let''s be having you!

"Come on Delia let''s be having you!"I get the felling that Delia and Michael are firmly in the back seat, which is what a lot of people have beeen calling for, and letting Stone and Webber get on with what needs doing. Now that the season is finally over I can see a lot more stuff being sorted out. Tomorrow is the start...

It needs to be sorted, it''s definitely unfair to keep the current employees in the dark.....The new man Mr Webber was quick to wield the axe on the end of the contract 7.....and just as quick to appoint ''his 2'' from Wolves.....If what Mr Irvine said is factually correct, I do find it a bit ''shabby'' and quite unprofessional.....Folk''s future is at stake and they need to be informed......Oh, and I don''t give a mange addled monkey''s butt if anyone thinks I''m beating the club with a stick.....

Agree with ALoS.

The situation hasn''t been clarifed from the top, so how can the Sports Scientist etc know for sure, what is going to happen?

I though Webber had said (a couple of weeks ago) that the new ''Manager'' would not be in place for a while, and people interpreted that, as waiting for the Play-Offs to be sorted?

When asked today, if he will be here next season, Alex Tettey said, he doesn''t know, and "We''re all going to be sacked". Tongue in cheek, or whatever, but to me, it shows all the players don''t know yet, so how could the rest of the staff know yet? Again, it isn''t a big surprise, at this juncture, because the main man to make the ultimate decisions, is not yet in place.

No biggy for me.

"Any organisation that''s decided to change will not tell staff their situation until it is known, lets let Webber do his job and then judge him."

👍

The minute that we knew we were not making the play-offs was the time to start the ball rolling regarding employment within the club......If we haven''t got a managerial target at this moment in time I also find that unprofessional.....and those club and NCFC board apologist''s can form an orderly queue to kiss my mange addled monkey''s butt......

I was stood 3 feet from him Lessingham. Yes, he was smiling, and I wouldn''t really expect him to talk too in depth about such stuff, but....

We''re a club in a transitional phase- ok, I understand that if it was yourself not knowing if you''re coming or going, it can''t be nice. But we''re trying to shift the mindset and direction of an entire football club.

I feel much more comfortable in the knowledge that we are waiting for our first choice manager, with a clear direction and end goal, than grabbing the first decent tactician we can find so that the backroom staff feel better.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The minute that we knew we were not making the play-offs was the time to start the ball rolling regarding employment within the club......If we haven''t got a managerial target at this moment in time I also find that unprofessional.....and those club and NCFC board apologist''s can form an orderly queue to kiss my mange addled monkey''s butt......[/quote]We probably have got targets but they''re still in employment. Not hard to figure out.

Weber has decided 7 players are not required, so no liaison with a new coach required on those decisions. Why are they for the coaching staff?

He''s playing football manager, giving jobs to his former Wolves mates, and if we are garbage next season he will blame the coach. I have a feeling if he doesn''t get Wagner, no one else will be overly eager to work with him.

It wouldn''t bother me one iota if a huge chopper was swung and the majority of the NCFC Board departed......Because a real and thorough transition would also involve a clear out at the top......But, even with the appointment of Webber, Nepotism, Cronyism and Favouritism are entrenched within the hierarchy of the club........

I completely understand the unhappiness of Irvine and you have to respect him waiting till now to speak out about it. At the end of the day a lot of the staff are no different to you or I, lives and mortgages etc.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]A No doubt the likes of Nutty et al will be along with the phrase "any stick to beat the club with![/quote]
If you''re going to attribute opinions to me please use the quote facility Baldy.
BTW How''s the pieman?

[quote user="hogesar"]I completely understand the unhappiness of Irvine and you have to respect him waiting till now to speak out about it. At the end of the day a lot of the staff are no different to you or I, lives and mortgages etc.[/quote]Like those members of staff lots of us have been in situation where the company we were working for was restructuring, we also had to wait to hear our fate.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]And it''s reasons like this why I laugh when people say we are a well run family club! These guys and ladies behind the scenes have families and bills to pay too and it isn''t fair to keep them in the dark really is it? Time for our illustrious owners to step forward and sort this out very quickly! Come on Delia let''s be having you![/quote]
If Delia stepped forward and made the decisions would that be classed as meddling? And would that mean Webber was just a puppet?

[quote user="FCC"]Weber has decided 7 players are not required, so no liaison with a new coach required on those decisions. Why are they for the coaching staff?

He''s playing football manager, giving jobs to his former Wolves mates, and if we are garbage next season he will blame the coach. I have a feeling if he doesn''t get Wagner, no one else will be overly eager to work with him.[/quote]It is not 7 it is 12, so far. The decision on most of the seniors in that group was well known long before Webber joined us ie Lafferty, Whittaker, Mulumbu, Bassong, Turner. Simply on the basis that their contract were not being renewed. Irvine doesn''t seem to have a problem working with him. Until the new coach is announced I expect a lot will be up in the air. So why not wait and see?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]It needs to be sorted, it''s definitely unfair to keep the current employees in the dark.....The new man Mr Webber was quick to wield the axe on the end of the contract 7.....and just as quick to appoint ''his 2'' from Wolves.....If what Mr Irvine said is factually correct, I do find it a bit ''shabby'' and quite unprofessional.....Folk''s future is at stake and they need to be informed......Oh, and I don''t give a mange addled monkey''s butt if anyone thinks I''m beating the club with a stick.....[/quote]
No, you don''t......and you are!