Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Would you take a Rook?

Alex Neil was a very inexperienced manager. Neil Adams had no first team management experience and Chris Hughton had only 18 months experience I believe before we gave him the job.

BUT... with Webber operating in his role, and the manager being clearly re-designated ''Head Coach'', would a rookie manager work best in this system? The more experienced and established a manager the more likely they are to resent/rail against perceived interference. There was talk about Neil Adams getting the arm around the shoulder treatment from Joe Royle. With the role seemingly being more about coaching and picking the team than the other stuff, like when they tried to establish the ''football board'', would you be satisfied with an inexperienced manager again?

Or is someone with a decent CV essential?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Would you take a Rook?[/quote]I would, but I''m not going to crow about it. [:S]

A very good question......Personally I would prefer an experienced coach that the players would respect and perform for. An individual who has had success at other football clubs and has contacts within all leagues of pro and amateur football......If a ''rookie'' was appointed I feel it would be a sideways step to what the club are hoping to achieve - which is being a stable Premiership club. A coach with a decent CV in my opinion, is also essential to the recruitment of future targets of quality players.....

NO.

The last thing we need is a "manager" who is learning and needs time to go through that process. We had enough of that with Neil and look where that got us.

The next season is a vital one for the club. Experienced man is essential this time around

Experience? Well a minimum of 3 years in the role I suppose but this isn''t much in reality but realistic I suppose..

Sorry, how many (proper) league clubs had David Wagner managed before he got Huddersfield in the play-off''s in his first full season? Under Webber too..uncanny?!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Would you take a Rook?[/quote]I would, but I''m not going to crow about it. [:S][/quote]You''d have to be Raven mad.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Would you take a Rook?[/quote]If it was threatening my Queen, I would

"Sorry, how many (proper) league clubs had David Wagner managed before he got Huddersfield in the play-off''s in his first full season? Under Webber too..uncanny?"

But this is about Norwich City and this moment in time in our quest for better things.

Having success with traditionally lower placed Huddersfield bears no comparison with the position NCFC currently finds it''s self in whereby the outcome of next season could well determine our future fortunes for some time to come

I see Huddersfield''s current success as ephemeral. These things often happen. They come and they go. Our ambitions need be more long-term by comparison due to our relative success over recent seasons.

They soon lost Webber didn''t they? They may soon lose Wagner as well by some accounts?