Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Keiran Scott/Chris Badlan

According to Nick Mashiter they are both joining our scouting department and Webber knows them both from Wolves. Glad to see we are making moves.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Hmm. Wolves? Apart from Adobe, who have they produced recently?[/quote]Adobe ?Nope.Too much of a flash player for my liking

Can''t be any worse than the idiots Alex Neil put the future of NCFC in

To be fair to AN, among the ropey transfers he did bring in several lads for the future in Maddison, Godfrey et al. He also signed Nelson who has been good; it was mainly being unable to find a decent back line that cost him and us.

Really great signings (WHO) hope they are both going to work 24/7 to sought out this defence and find 2/3 centre backs

I bet nobody had even heard of the guys and know absolutely didderley squat about them but hey don''t let that stop anybody having a pop before they have even taken up their respective jobs FFS !!

Kieran Scott. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/06/25/wolves-talentspotter-praised-for-quality-additions/Which suggests he is an academy scout. So would be used to find the next generation of City players.Not the present ones.There is also some stuff on Chris Badlan if you google him.

Also confirmed by Wolves Academy twitter account

Wolves Academy‏

@Wolves_Academy

Wolves Head of Emerging Talent @CBadlan has left to join Norwich

Also joining Norwich is ex Wolves U17-21 Head of Recruitment Kieran Scott

I don''t see anyone particularly having a pop - you could get Little and Large in for all I care so long as they are successful - but it is certainly true that Wolves aren''t exactly renowned for their recruitment over recent years.

[quote user="Carrow89"]Which suggests he is an academy scout. So would be used to find the next generation of City players.Not the present ones.There is also some stuff on Chris Badlan if you google him.[/quote]Scott as head of UK recruitment. Badlan head of European. According to the original Nick Mashiter tweet.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t see anyone particularly having a pop - you could get Little and Large in for all I care so long as they are successful - but it is certainly true that Wolves aren''t exactly renowned for their recruitment over recent years.[/quote]Yes, I have to say I mist have missed all those great players unearthed by Wolves in recent years.... I translated your sarcasm as having a pop Branston.

[quote user="Carrow89"]Kieran Scott. http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/06/25/wolves-talentspotter-praised-for-quality-additions/Which suggests he is an academy scout. So would be used to find the next generation of City players.Not the present ones.There is also some stuff on Chris Badlan if you google him.[/quote]Interesting to note that almost all of the young players in that article have since gone on to do very little and almost none of them even play for Wolves anymore or made any impact on the first team.That being said, young player recruitment is one of the biggest minefields in the game, so it''s not surprising this is the case.If Webber rates them and they bring even a few players through from youth to first team it will be worth it.

[quote user="Carrow89"][quote user="Nuff Said"]BTW, it took me about 2 hours before I got that C89[/quote]Adobe ?[/quote]

Yes, i did get there in the end, very good. You must have an Acrobatic mind.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Did we already have a European role, or is it new?[/quote]Previously it was Tony Spearing, with Lee Darnborough taking responsibility for the UK

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Interesting to note that almost all of the young players in that article have since gone on to do very little and almost none of them even play for Wolves anymore or made any impact on the first team.That being said, young player recruitment is one of the biggest minefields in the game, so it''s not surprising this is the case.If Webber rates them and they bring even a few players through from youth to first team it will be worth it.[/quote]Wolves would have a been a hard sell to a lot of young players though. Webber''s interviews are usually interesting because he''s fairly candid. One point he made was that if you want a player who is physically strong, technically able and clever you''ll end up paying through the nose, hence his focus on youth. Even with that you''re trying to assess potential and hope they develop accordingly.Paul McVeigh''s book highlights the importance of drive, ambition and mental strength needed to succeed. Interesting that Chris Badlan retweeted a Troy Deeney interview citing 74% of 18 year olds who sign pro-contracts are out of the game 5 years later.

Turns out this was just a rumour, according to Webber. But why would the offical Wolves academy tweet this?