Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Questions to Dean Ashton

(1) Why he wear a long sleeved white color undershirt to play in summer time? He always wear the long sleeved home shirt, but always rolls both sleeves up, except the undershirt! Honestly it looked like quite strange because the shirt was yellow and the sleeves were white!!!

(2) Why he did not celebrate this season after he scored? Against Coventry City I remember and yesterday''s goal against Northampton, he seems had no celebration. Did he not happy to score only one goal? So please scored a hat-trick for us to make everyone happy!!!

Hi Deano, I am David Lee from Hong Kong, please prepare the answer, and I will ask you these questions about a month after in Colney! You can easily vertify me as you see a very fat shaven-headed Chinese in Colney, that''s me!

He didn''t celebrate against Plymouth because he thought the ref would give a foul as he manouvered himself around their defender.

He didn''t celebrate last night because he thought he was offside - and probably was.

He scores goals for a living and he is too cool to celebrate like a mad man.

right, i sit in the river end right above where dean has scored the two goals that you mention.

1) He did celebrate against plymouth with the classy dance! He thought he had either fouled his man or was offside, but he wasnt but he did celebrate

2) He celebrated last night too, stolled up to the corner flag and did something with hendo, couldnt really see what thou

The Plymouth thing was an embarassed stunted celebration.  Last night he ran away from the box looking over his shoulder at the linesman expecting to see a flourescent bit of fabric blowing in the wind.

I will not be happy until he does the full Mick Channon windmill.

I think understated celebrations are cool - at least until we''re about 4-0 up, anyway.
At least hes not incredibly boring like Shearer or a bloody showoff like any player that somersaults (that really annoys me!)

I too like his understated sometimes strange celebrations. Either that of the Svensson speacial which was simply lose all sense of reality and run in front of the Jarrold Stand like a madchap. Or that camp little dance he did a couple of time when we won the first division. Odd bloke indeed.

The answer to the white undershirt question is that it is a special undergarment that a lot of sportsmen are wearing now.Michael Vaughan,Matthew Hoggard and a few of the other cricket boys wear them as do the majoirty of the England rugby team.

Its something to do with retention of body heat and helps with circulation and ultimately is believed to prevent injuries.I heard an interview wit hthe guy that makes them on Talksport a few weeks ago.

I guess the theory is the same with players like Leon (always) and Deano (sometimes) wearing lycra cycling shorts under their club shorts.

[quote]The answer to the white undershirt question is that it is a special undergarment that a lot of sportsmen are wearing now.Michael Vaughan,Matthew Hoggard and a few of the other cricket boys wear them a...[/quote]

HAHA! Maverick, I have also wear the lycra cycling shorts when I played football too with my Norwich full kit!!!

spoke to Deano last night in the cinema (where i work) and he told me it''s about keeping his upper body warm and also his hamstrings. Apparently the kitman gets them for him, altho Jason Jarrett said Deano gets them from a sex shop!

[quote]spoke to Deano last night in the cinema (where i work) and he told me it''s about keeping his upper body warm and also his hamstrings. Apparently the kitman gets them for him, altho Jason Jarrett said ...[/quote]

Maybe the kitman works at SinSins? Why is JJ going kinky shopping with Dean?
Do those cycling shorts hide a frilly secret?
Now I come to think of it - that group hug after a goal, what''s that all about? I''m concerned, Delia should investigate, or maybe Dicky - he''s more informed than most of us anyway

I said it earlier and I will say it again.  If Deano scores either on Saturday or Tuesday I want to see him run off giving it the Mick Channon windmill celebration.  It will be like a 20 year anniversary since we saw it in a yellow shirt.

He will then get mobbed by the Andy Hughes led team goal scoring group hug thing... but as long as that right arm brushes his ear a couple of times...............

Come on Deano, retro is the new black!

[quote]spoke to Deano last night in the cinema (where i work) and he told me it''s about keeping his upper body warm and also his hamstrings. Apparently the kitman gets them for him, altho Jason Jarrett said ...[/quote]

HAHA! Andrew Kent, it was a very good answer from Deano and did he usually visit pink''un message board?