Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Is Norwich the 10th most valuable club in England?

According to a study by Liverpool University, it is!

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/news/west-ham-valued-less-newcastle-13009964

I guess he used data from Norwich being in the Premier League, but I guess being almost debt free and owning their own ground makes a big difference.

(Very surprised at some of the names below us...Everton?)

That is going to push the insurance premiums up!

That trophy cupboard of ours was the decider.

[quote user="dhickl"]According to a study by Liverpool University, it is!

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/news/west-ham-valued-less-newcastle-13009964

I guess he used data from Norwich being in the Premier League
,but I guess being almost debt free and owning their own ground makes a big difference.

(Very surprised at some of the names below us...Everton?)[/quote]In the second paragraph it states ''based on the 2016 accounts revealed by the then 20 Premier League clubs''. That might be a clue.

Shame it didn''t go far enough down to cover the Binners and their debt (£100 million now?). How low can you go?

[quote user="PaulineFowler"]10th most valuable club but apparently nobody is interested in buying it![/quote]Is it for sale?

Well if we''re 10th most valuable we''re probably also the 10th most expensive to buy...no wonder we lack interest!

We might not be the tenth by most means of reckoning, but there must be something in it.

We are debt-free.

We own our own ground and our own training ground. Lock stock and barrel.

The former is a virtual sell out every home league game and is also home to profitable eating venues.

Our season ticket sales are regularly in excess of 20, 000.

Our squad is worth a decent amount of millions, certainly by Championship standards.

We have achieved the highest possible youth category status.

We have a year of parachutes in the offing.

Our ''owner'' is passionate for the team and never misses a game.

All set in a fine city with splendid shopping, restaurant and night life on offer, to say nothing of a cathedral and an airport along with the biggest permanent open air market in Europe. .

In a recent survey of the most happy places to work in the country the city came top of the lot.

Now I need not have bothered listing those things as we canaries will be well aware of them all but I know for a fact that many, many binners trawl this forum and I wanted to make them envious as they have NONE of the above.

Petty I realise but they need to be reminded of their place on a regular basis otherwise they will start on about their ''istory'' and their bulging trophy cabinet (yes I once read that on TWTD, believe) thinking that that is of importance nowadays.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]We own our own ground and our own training ground. Lock stock and barrel.

The former is a virtual sell out every home league game....[/quote]PORTMAN ROAD AVERAGE LEAGUE ATTENDANCESSeason Average

2002/03 25,455

2003/04 24,519

2004/05 25,651

2005/06 24,251

2006/07 22,444

2007/08 21,934

2008/09 20,960

2009/10 20,840

2010/11 19,614

2011/12 18,266

2012/13 17,526

2013/14 16,654