Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

It's Garry Monk

Turned on talksport about 20 minutes ago. Caught the end of something along the lines of: "....he''s always looking to better himself and should take the Norwich job"

Anyone know who they were talking about. I know they don''t have any sources or information worth a damn but I''m just interested to see who else has been linked

The specific problem with believing that Norwich City not only have chosen Monk and sealed a deal with him but that this was done long enough ago for it to be known in the club last week is that one of two things have to be true. Either that Monk knew a week or even more ago that he wouldn''t be kept on at Leeds. Or that if Leeds did want him to stay he would leave anyway.

Expected Announcement "We''ve scouted all of Europe, and Alan Irvine was under our noses all along.... with Fat Frankie".

Only found out earlier it was indeed still Tuesday and not Wednesday as I''ve thought all day

As I normally donate £20 to the pups every season it''s not really something I''m interested in, but what I will do is up it to £50 this year if you name your source Crabby, that''s if there even is one?

Ball''s in your court mate ;)

DDD, there IS a source, and of course, I will not name this person. You really didn''t expect anything else did you?

I am a person of a certain age, and have NO interest in idle gossip. You can believe me or not, and it looks like you don''t. That is not a problem to me, as I have put myself up to be shot, with this post.

You could have said, what I said about your ''name'', but you have now put yourself into a position, by naming Tom, but not the new man''s name. Is the name you have been given, currently employed with a British Club?

[quote user="djc"]Expected Announcement "We''ve scouted all of Europe, and Alan Irvine was under our noses all along.... with Fat Frankie".[/quote]If McAvoy is a first-team coach with Norwich City next season I will give a couple of tenners to the PUPs.

I trust you won''t let us down crabby, after receiving our full support 😀

Ha ha, sorry VW hadn''t spotted your earlier post.

You are turning the screw on me, aren''t you?!!

Nooooooooooo pressure............

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Turned on talksport about 20 minutes ago. Caught the end of something along the lines of: "....he''s always looking to better himself and should take the Norwich job"

Anyone know who they were talking about. I know they don''t have any sources or information worth a damn but I''m just interested to see who else has been linked[/quote]

It was rosler

I am surprised that Aitor Karanka has not been mentioned as a suitable candidate.

An experienced manager.

Led Middlesborough to a play-off final (to come up with a superior team of course) and eventually got promotion from the Championship on his cv.

Has connections, especially on the Continent.

Is currently without a club.

Importantly for our needs at this present time he had a successful career at high level as a central defender.

I am not particularly supporting him as ''Borough''s excursion into the PL last season was by all accounts a bit of a disaster and I would need to know the reasons behind this failure first.

He ticks a lot of boxes though.

Karanka did at MBoro what Hughton did with us. Both tried to defend their way to survival. Both failed. There were also regular rumours of dressing room issues and Karanka did walk out at one stage in the PL season. I think that would be a high risk strategy and not one borne out by much evidence that it could succeed.

I''m wondering if Nathan Jones might be one of the names on our now fabled list of two.

Ticks a few boxes.

Still working and club still involved this season.

Young, highly qualified, happy, you would think, to work as a coach rather than the traditional manager.

And has, if he chooses to bring him along, a wise old head as his number two in Paul Hart who has also had some success in his career as a youth coach.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Karanka did at MBoro what Hughton did with us. Both tried to defend their way to survival. Both failed. There were also regular rumours of dressing room issues and Karanka did walk out at one stage in the PL season. I think that would be a high risk strategy and not one borne out by much evidence that it could succeed.[/quote]

Hughton''s approach succeeded in his first season.  In the second season, it failed because of the failure to recruit a replacement who could play the Grant Holt role to a decent level in the Prem and IMO if we''d got someone who could do that with the £13m we spent on RVW/Hooper, it would have made the difference in the second season.

Having said that, we''d all have become so bored by then that survival would have not been that exciting !

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Karanka did walk.

Must be a good anagram in there.[/quote]

there''s no ''e''

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I''m wondering if Nathan Jones might be one of the names on our now fabled list of two.

Ticks a few boxes.

Still working and club still involved this season.

Young, highly qualified, happy, you would think, to work as a coach rather than the traditional manager.

And has, if he chooses to bring him along, a wise old head as his number two in Paul Hart who has also had some success in his career as a youth coach.[/quote]

Nah, he''s been gone too long.