Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

It's Garry Monk

The Chef at Yellows who once saw Delia attempting to make a sausage roll informs me that Monk is not on the list

Not at all questioning the source/info, but Leeds media seems to think he''s having for talks over his Leeds future early next week - would think it might depend how that pans out (though maybe the owner guy will want someone else?)

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-boss-garry-monk-set-for-talks-over-his-elland-road-future-early-next-week-1-8526905

[quote user=" Badger"]I''d be very happy with Monk or Rosler[/quote]Me too, sort of. What bothers me about Monk is that he has only had two mangerial jobs and it is hard to assess him on those. Were Swansea right to sack him. I have no idea. And it is too early to judge his spell at Leeds. Rosler is only 10 years older but has much more of a record, admittedly including one failure (although at basket-case Leeds). On the face of it less of a gamble.

Fun to speculate , but I really do think it is worth just waiting. Keep an eye on Nick Mashiter tweeting . Some notable journo''s have got is totally wrong so far - Pat Murphy (who I like very much) had Pardew within 48 hours if you recall.

I still can''t quite see how the Wagner connection works , certainly not yet, but who knows .

I think we can be certain it isn''t Harry.

DDD, you are entitled to call it bull, I have no problem with that, I knew what I could be in for, when I posted. I am not someone who passes on idle gossip. I am just telling you what this person, who is involved in the Club, said, and they also knew about John Ruddy etc being released a few days before we all did.

It''s a tad ironic that you haven''t said, who Tom knows it is. That would easily be construed as the same scale, as my info, don''t you think?

I have no reason to believe I have been led up the garden path, with this, as I trust this person implicitly

Stuart Webber hasn''t come into the SD job with a blank sheet of paper in front of him when it comes to replacement head coaches and transfer targets. Early on he said he had put two names to the board for head coach; Nick Mashiter tweeted that again yesterday in response to the nonsense about Michael O''Neill. Is Monk one of the two? I would suspect not. Rosler, quite possibly. Whatever, I think we''ve seen enough already to warrant trusting Webber''s judgement.

I will admit that I have always thought that Wagner was one of the ''Two'', but put Monk in the same bracket as Rosler/A N Other.

Just as long as it never comes close to being Pardew......

Pardew''s ego wouldn''t cope with being answerable to a Sporting Director.

I do think it''s between Wagner, Monk and Rosler. The Wagner connection seems to have gone quiet in the last few days with O''Neill and Monk being talked about. Things will be a lot clearer next week once we know if Monk is leaving Leeds, but we need to remember that we probably won''t be the only team looking for a new head coach / manager. Sunderland, West Ham, Boro might all be preferable locations to us.

I was hoping for someone from Europe.

Rosler or Monk, and Weber, for all the "new structure" sounds like Alex and Jez with different job titles. For crying out loud - we need a Coach not a Manager.

Monk is a manager - we are just going to end up paying to get rid of another Manager and a Director when the experiment fails.

Big talk from Weber, now earn your money and find someone fresh.

[quote user="FCC"]I was hoping for someone from Europe.

Rosler or Monk, and Weber, for all the "new structure" sounds like Alex and Jez with different job titles. For crying out loud - we need a Coach not a Manager.

Monk is a manager - we are just going to end up paying to get rid of another Manager and a Director when the experiment fails.

Big talk from Weber, now earn your money and find someone fresh.[/quote]

Isn''t Wagner German? That is Europe.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Would take Monk, especially7 if he could bring Pontus Jansson here as well...[/quote]

The new system isnt going to work that way though is it? Monk or whoever is manager will not have the same levels of input into transfer targets as far as i can see.

I''m going to be entirely unrealistic and hope for Julian Nagelsmann. No idea if he even speaks English.

quote user=andy 1974

"Can''t wait for Garry Monk to be announced tomorrow!!!"

A timescale was not given by the OP on when Monk would be announced this week. No doubt the deal could be held up, or perhaps never come to fruition as terms could not be agreed. Or we owe the OP an apology for any doubting...

I’m really struggling to see the love for Garry Monk!!!!

He brought the worst side I’ve seen from the premier league

to carrow road last season when we beat them 1-0, Swansea were dreadful last

season under him.

Leeds were in a position for playoffs yet they bottled and speaking

to a couple of Leeds fans they say it was his tactical changes that is the

reason for not competing in the playoffs now.

Only one man for the job and that’s Wagner once Huddersfield

don’t make the playoff final I’m sure Webber will make his move. If Webber has

questioned Huddersfield’s ambition the surly Wagner see''s that lack of it too?????

Wagner and Webber would have established transfer targets

for Huddersfield for the summer thus making the transition quite easy and weeks

of talks and planning won’t need to take place.

Come on Wagner.

Quote The Early Milkman

"I’m really struggling to see the love for Garry Monk!!!!"

its more to simply p*** the Leeds supporters off once again. #feederclub

Wagner every day for me over Monk. What he has achieved so far is exceptional. He has a nice way with the media and acts in a sensible way in interviews. He could be interested in Norwich. What a great proposition we are for a head coach with our set up, fan base and youth development. I guess he would stay at Hudds if they move on to the Prem. But momentum is against them ....then again he has been deliberately resting players once knew they were guaranteed the play offs. That is either genius or its foolishness. We will know soon enough.

Yet the OP seems so confident I just wonder if it is Monk. Please not!

I would like Wagner too, however I would have no issue with Monk. It really doesn''t have to be a foreign coach. Webber is the man in control.

Excuse my ignorance but what has Wagner achieved before he was at Huddersfield. Genuine question as I don''t know.

Monks experience at Swansea and Leeds is equal to Wagner just at Huddersfield.

I''d be happy with either to be honest

So who''s telling fibs then Crabby? Your "VERY reliable source, inside the club" or Webber?

Tuesday has come and gone

If you name your source I could tell you our man, you show me yours I''ll show you mine

DDD, read my posts again.

Look, apart from the fact that it is still Tuesday, as I write (or are you somewhere East of New Zealand?) I have actually just been in contact with my contact, and they have said "Should be". Now that is full of variables, like has been already said.

Don''t get petty with your playground stuff.

Someone could easily say to you that you should just have said "Crabby, I have been told it''s XXXX , not Monk, from the highest echelons of the Club", but you haven''t. What are you waiting for? The new man to be appointed, and you turn round and say "Yes, that was who I was told it would be"?

Name who you have been told. Put your head on the block.

Leeds new owner is reported to be about to offer Monk a new five year deal......http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/802084/Leeds-Garry-Monk-five-year-deal-Talks-held-coming-weeks-Championship-Transfer-News-GossipAnd Monk''s own comments.......
Monk told the club’s official website:

“I had a brief chat with Andrea Radrizzani on Saturday, about how the

season has gone, along with the current takeover situation and how it

will work.“We are due to sit down in the coming weeks

to go into more detail and discuss a variety of different matters. I’ve

worked here now for a full season and I have a really good

understanding of the club now and what it can be like.“From the football side, having worked closely with this group every

day, I have a clear understanding of what it needs to move forward and

deliver a promotion winning campaign.“In those discussions it is for me to see that the vision of the club and the owner is aligned with what I feel it needs.”
Doesn''t sound like he''s going anywhere soon.

I think the whole Monk to Norwich stuff was concocted by his agent to force Leeds to act quicker, don''t imagine it was ever a real possibility.

I imagine the two names presented to the board by Webber will be Rosler and someone from Germany - the club will then make the collective decision of do they go for someone with a mixed record in England or someone who has never managed here before.

Quite right BYG.

I have a feeling if it''s the latter we will all require patience for things to gel and pick up pace a la the Huddersfield mould under Wagner.

Don''t think its Gary Monk otherwise we wouldn''t have to wait 2/3 weeks to announce him.
Not Rosler either as he seems to be negotiating a new contract at Fleetwood according to the press

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I think the whole Monk to Norwich stuff was concocted by his agent to force Leeds to act quicker, don''t imagine it was ever a real possibility.[/quote]

That''s todays major revelation, Crabbycanary3 is Monks agent. [:D]

Tbf Lappin. What Monk says there is pretty standard stuff. There could be plenty of "The Club and I are not on the same page", or "The Club is not able to deliver what I need to take this Club in the direction I want to take it" yet to come. Why would it take a few weeks to talk? Surely they would have been way down the road with this by now?

Bethnal, I believe you work in the media? If so, you would have more contacts than I, but I am relying on someone from within the Club, who I still maintain I know is not a scaremonger/gossip etc.

What I will be happy to do, is pay the PuPs £20 if Monk does not become our new boss. I hope DDD sees this, and names the person he (she?) has been told, and as they have spoken to Tom, would pledge the same, as long as it''s done before midnight DDD! ;)

My first choice has always been Wagner, and I do not know enough of the Managers/Coaches working abroad.