Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

It's Garry Monk

I know people get ridiculed, when they say they ''know'' certain information, so I am happy to put myself up here.

I have heard from a VERY reliable source (within the Club) that Garry Monk, is to be in charge of our team, next season. For some, it''s not a great surprise, I know.

Believe me, or believe me not.

He would appear to be a good fit, and certainly a better option to Rosler.

I hope it''s true. If he can (almost) take that mess of a club into the play offs, he''ll should be fine with our issues.

Given they''re out of the playoffs, he could be appointed next week. Saves us waiting another 3 weeks for Rosler or Wagner.

IF its true...

Bleh. What a dull, uninspiring choice. What has he actually achieved as a manager? He came in to Swansea riding on the coattails of Laudrup, and changed their unique, tika-taka style of football to bog-standard lower team football which ultimately got him sacked.

Again, started strong at Leeds before the end of season collapse.

The guy''s dull and, sorry to say, a bit thick with about as much charisma as a dry roasted peanut.

Surely there''s someone better?

IF is a big word Woodman, I get that.

Apparently the Club were hoping to announce it on Tuesday, but apparently a lot of the players are going on their holibobs on Monday, so certain things may take their time.

Totally agree with Chrystal. Monk is not for me. An uninspiring choice I fear.

My choice is Rosler every time. I hope this ''news'' is incorrect but of course we will all get behind the new man.

Seems highly rated by Leeds fans but the niggle for me is that in two clubs he has had short term impact followed by dip in form. Alex Neil also had short term impact followed by a sustained loss of form. I may be in a minority but I would personally choose Rosler. Gotta trust Webber though, seems to know what he is doing and has been dramatically decisive so far.

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]I would prefer Paul Lambert[/quote]That''s the problem with you older fans, always looking backwards rather than forward. [+o(]

So far I''ve seen rumours of Rosler, Monk and O''Neill. I''m not sure how much input Webber is having because these names sound like typical ''Delia & Michael'' choices (after having consulted with Roy Hodgson and Mick Dennis).

Imo Monk > Rosler every time. Rosler has failed more than he''s been a success, but is still a good option, Monk is just better. How anyone can say he went on Laudrup''s coat tails is daft - he actually picked up the pieces of a floundering ship and did pretty well

[quote user="Len"]So far I''ve seen rumours of Rosler, Monk and O''Neill. I''m not sure how much input Webber is having because these names sound like typical ''Delia & Michael'' choices (after having consulted with Roy Hodgson and Mick Dennis).[/quote]Name a few realistic "head coach" (i.e. not traditional manager) candidates who aren''t "typical ''Delia & Michael''" then?

Crabby is a man I would trust, and as such I believe this is right, a satisfactory appointment.