Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Parachute payment & new kit

Am I correct in thinking that every club in the league next year will equally share the parachute payment that would have gone to Newcastle next season? I think this is what happened when we went up at the first attempt in 2015.

And any news on a new kit for next season?

It is my understanding that Newcastle''s unused parachute payments will be fed back into the Premier League.

It might have changed.

Seems unfair.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It is my understanding that Newcastle''s unused parachute payments will be fed back into the Premier League.

It might have changed.

Seems unfair.[/quote]

i have a feeling thats what happens too. Has to be a better use of the funds than going back into the fat coffers of the premier league to be dispersed on agents even if they let it go to grass roots football.

BroadstarisR, do you have a link to that change in redistribution of parachute payments from promoted teams?

I thought the only adjustments to parachute payments recently concerned shortening the period they are given (from 4 years to 3), and that if you are in the Prem for a single season, like us, you only get two years worth of payments.

Our parachute payments that we didn''t require in 2015/16 were put back into the Prem pot.