Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Academy announcement

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/academy-contracts-3702684.aspx

Ebou Adams and Michee Efete have new one year contracts.

Conor McGrandles, Ray Grant, Ben Killip, Jamie Eaton-Collins, Toby Syme released.

9 others offered pro contracts.

He''s always looked ordinary to me.

Adams and Efete are worth another year though.

Yeah, I''ve seen a lot of youth games at CR in the last few seasons. It''s just my opinion of course but I never thought Ray Grant would make it. He''s kinda like Davis Fox but his passing isn''t really that great and physically he doesn''t offer much either. He''s obviously got ability but I''m not sure he''ll ever be up to being a CM in a modern day Championship/PL team.

I never saw anything in McGrandles either, but then again I never saw him pre injury so I can''t comment on whether he was a sensible signing in the first place.

I''m pleased to see Efete geta contract. I''ve been impressed with him every single time I''ve watched him. Adams I''ve seen have one brilliant and a load of average games but you can see his potential. He''s been in a Non league academy pretty much all his career as well so it would be harsh to judge what I''ve seen so far.

The others make sense too. McIntosh is a good player, might get lost in amoungst all of our exciting midfielders like Cantwell/Middleton/Maddison etc But he''s a good player who''s been here a long time.

Based on everything Webber''s said so far I think we can safely assume we''ll be seeing quite a few of these lads breaking into the first team over the next few years. I can''t wait to finally see our Cat 1 academy and all the work the players have put in finally coming off.

Good post, HR, nice to get a proper opinion on people. How good is Middleton? I''ve been told he''s the most exciting prospect in the academy.

I''m going to go to a few of the yoof games next year, should be exciting times with Webber et al.

Tricky, diminutive winger. Think Ryan Fraser, maybe crossed with a little bit of Pritchard for a famous player comparison. Not really an old fashioned run to the byline and cross winger, he seems to like cutting inside and running at people for a shot...to put it very basically. He''s obviously a quality player though. It''s clear for anyone watching matches to see.

He''s a couple of years younger than most of the u23''s he plays with iirc and obviously much smaller than his peers but I rarely see that cause him any problems, he always seems to make things happen.

As he''s still so young anything could happen to him, so there are no guarantees but if he carries on progressing as he is he should be near the first team (If we''re a championship club) in a couple of years. (he''ll be 18/19 then I think)

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Tricky, diminutive winger. Think Ryan Fraser, maybe crossed with a little bit of Pritchard for a famous player comparison. Not really an old fashioned run to the byline and cross winger, he seems to like cutting inside and running at people for a shot...to put it very basically. He''s obviously a quality player though. It''s clear for anyone watching matches to see.

He''s a couple of years younger than most of the u23''s he plays with iirc and obviously much smaller than his peers but I rarely see that cause him any problems, he always seems to make things happen.

As he''s still so young anything could happen to him, so there are no guarantees but if he carries on progressing as he is he should be near the first team (If we''re a championship club) in a couple of years. (he''ll be 18/19 then I think)[/quote]

Sounds like a young Hucks, who I believe helps train him. Exciting prospect.

Middleton looked lively in the u17 tournament and played well in their last minute defeat against france on tuesday.

Interested to see it was Malky taking the warm up for them - has he been lowered to bibs balls and cones?

Michee Efete playing in Iceland this weekend? Anyone heard anything about this? Playing for Breidablik - Is this a loan type move?

I wonder if that was maybe part of the deal to bring the young icelandic player hlynsson here. I believe that is the clu we signed him from

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]I wonder if that was maybe part of the deal to bring the young icelandic player hlynsson here. I believe that is the clu we signed him from[/quote]
Great spot, it is the same club so you''re probably right on that front.