Following his signing of a one year deal he has opted to go on a summer loan deal to the icelandic premier league.

I really admire this commitment in having no off-season for the young guy. He has put in a few stellar performances for the under 23''s and I think he could have a good future here.

Shows a great attitude.

I don''t know how busy the schedule is in the Icelandic league but I hope he doesn''t leave himself burnt out for the start of next season.

A lot of respect for that....good on him!

If only a few more players were open to experiencing new cultures / ideas and to get away from the British world of football.

I would love our club to develop exchanges in Latin America for our youth sides.

I can imagine that a month or so in my region would soon kick them into shape and make them realise just how fortunate they are.

If City want to set-up such a program in Mexico id more than happily get on board in whichever way i could.

Could you imagine City tying up with the likes of Boca Juniors / Flamengo / Atletico Nacional / Pachuca?

Great attitude. I love watching him in academy games, you feel safe every time the ball comes in his vicinity and he''s brilliant on the ball. I really hope he gets a chance in the first team!

I''m an avid believer in a current trend where properly-managed extra work over the summer period is a real force behind development. You only need look at Bale and Delph for higher-level examples, or even our own Jacob Murphy who I understand put in a tonne of extra work last summer, and definitely reaped the benefits.

Naturally this can go both ways- as countless England starlets have learned- but I think it''s very reasonable to assume Webber is a big part of this idea. When the rest of the squad come back from break, Michee will be fully fit and raring to go. Perhaps he''s to be our 4th CB?

I would think this is part of the club wanting to see if he is up to stepping up to the first team, or as cover. I doubt the club would sanction playees opting to play elsewhere as they see fit. I would also suggest that this sort of evaluating younger players was part of their development rather than some novel idea instigated by Webber, as the latter would be relying upon reports and season long evaluations from those who have been monitoring his progress.The need to cut back on the wage bill and ''deadwood would not have been something simply decided by Webber either. As I cannot see anyone at the club not being aware that we will have £32m less in income next season. So the only moot point is had the parachute payments been for three years not two, would some of the players such as Efete, Godfrey, Thompson etc still be stepped up to the first team? My thought is yes, as were the two Murphys. Add in Maddison, Toffolo, Mathews and possibly Morris and we have an almost second X1 from our own youngsters, albeit many having been signed only recently. As with a thread elsewhere this is what gives me confidence for the next season