Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Bassong's letter

This Seb chap, who you all appear to be eulogising over, is he the same guy that 1100 fans scored 1 out of 10 in the EDP Players'' Season Ratings yesterday?

Funny ol'' game Saint, funny ''ol'' game!

Because Klose was a recent big signing and he does Snapchat he gets away with a lot but he has some way to go to deliver us the same kind of level of performance Bassong has done for us in the past.

Ray wrote the following post at 12/05/2017 8:43 AM:

Funny ol'' game Saint, funny ''ol'' game!

I feel compelled to respond to that statement!!! 😨😨😨😨

A great gesture from Seb. Hope he finds a good club to finish his career with.

I quite enjoyed the leaving note from one of the other departing defenders [:D]

Here''s a guy who has written a nice letter, probably whilst he sat counting his excessive wages each week as he tried to give ''100%''.

Bassong arrived as an inspirational signing, a rock in defence. Once he became captain, player of the season, and waved his gun around on social media he suddenly lost his way. He forgot to include in his letter the favourite parts, like abusing the new manager following their appointment from youth manager. He also forgot to include how much he enjoyed his half-season loan spell with Watford in helping them achieve promotion. Perhaps i am in the minority by being pleased we have shipped his excessive wages off our books in hope of signing someone who wants to actually play and earn their money. Bassong has made a career out of being relegated. We need winners in our team.

@Ray, I can imagine a lot of the folk on here that post probably didn''t use that EDP voting tool. Not everyone''s a hypocrite y''know

Hi Morgan,

Not suggesting they are or are not, I just found the juxtaposition slightly amusing, but then may be I have an odd of sense of humour?

Not sure there is a juxtaposition to be fair.

The 1 out of 10 score was for this year''s performances which were very few and were by and large pretty poor.

The good wishes on this thread are about his seemingly heartfelt goodbye letter and the whole of his time here, which including some good years.

Djc, I am also glad to have got his wages off our books and hopefully have someone less error prone at the back, but, that doesn''t mean that he can''t be sent on with well wishes, especially considering the class he''s shown with this letter. I''ve not seen anyone saying we were wrong to have released him in this thread.

Hairy Canary,

Juxtaposition = the act or an instance of placing two or more things side by side often to compare or contrast or to create an interesting effect

May be like beauty, a juxtaposition is in the eye of the beholder, but is the fact we may have different takes on it become its own self fulfilling juxtaposition?

Blimey, I must have too much time on my hands again, best I find something more productive to do!

Anyone else expect Bassong to sign up at Brighton for another season battling relegation from the premier league?

The more I think about it the more respect I have for Seb, not many players would have bothered and you could tell from his words that he really cared.

Looking forward to reading Lafferty''s good bye letter lol

Very funny Hogesar, hope he doesn''t read this for your sake, you know how he reacts on twitter if he''s mentioned in a negative light lol

[quote user="Morgan"]A real tear jerker! I read once on F365 how continental footballers are more eloquent in their approach to daily life. This highlights it, nice touch.[/quote]

The boy Bassong deserves full credit for time and thought put into his valediction.

Obviously a very nice guy. Nathon Redmond''s mum tweeted. ''That''s how you say goodbye. Looked after my son like his own family. Nothing but gratitude.

Darth wrote

What a lovely letter, brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for the memories big man

Love to see the tears roll down your face if you were reading about Tiny Tim Cratchit from A Christmas Carol

Somewhat mixed career with us and didn''t always come across well, but his background is a caring one and it shows in the way he has left the club. Shame his playing form didn''t always show him at his best, but a warm and dignified way to leave the club.

Should''ve been given far more opportunities this season but was another hung out to dry by Neil.

On his day, he was our best defender.

Well, I thought it was a superb effort from Seb, was (in all likelihood) still the best CB at the club.

However, it can''t compare to the personal au revoir I got from Ryan Bennett.......and his kid.....😂

Yes I saw that you''d annoyed him Duncan on twitter, have you been blocked?

Yes, a nice letter, one he certainly didnt need to write. Respect to him for that. At his best, the best centre-back I have ever seen play for us. Such a shame he couldnt maintain those levels. Good luck to him