Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Bassong's letter

Just seen the ''letter'' that Seb Bassong has written to the fans - something he certainly needn''t have done, imo it shows him in a pretty good light. As supporters we are rather quick to consider that the players don''t care - some probably don''t, but I''m sure that any more do. We have indeed had some good (and bad) memories from his time with us.

Had a good run with us to be fair and should have probably played more in the last couple of seasons than he has done.

I can''t see anything that he could possibly gain from this and think it is a very warm gesture. In fact, it is rather touching and certainly shows up the human side of the players, which sometimes I feel that we supporters  too quickly forget.

Farewell Big Guy.

You gave us some good times and deserved Player of the Season. Most if not all sporting careers end either in outright failure or in a gradual waning of powers (think Wayne Rooney now) and maybe your powers waned a little at the end, and you didn’t get to play as much. But in the end, one remembers the good times. Thanks for the memories.

Hats off to the guy, i dont think theres any hidden agenda at all. I think most peoples frustration with Seb was we all know what a top player he can be, he just hasnt shown it anywhere nearly enough since that first season.

Very classy gesture and nice to see he really took to the city. Amusing that he realises how terrifying it was to watch him start dribbling out from defence. Good guy and wish him well.

Fully deserved that PoTS, I remember the numerous last ditch tackles and occasional marauding runs forward. Was also a real leader that season, barking instruction and keeping the defence in shape.

He was also a massive reason we went back up to the prem under AN. Our defence was solidified and had consistency with him back in it and was a key reason for the fantastic run we went on.

Love the letter and all the best to him.

What a lovely gesture. He was in the dressing room when both my children had mascot days and he was a complete gentlemen with impeccable manners. Contrast Bradley Johnson who couldn''t be ar*** to take off his headphones.

A real tear jerker! I read once on F365 how continental footballers are more eloquent in their approach to daily life. This highlights it, nice touch.

A lovely bloke and some good memories, just a shame he had such inconsistencies as on his day could still be our best defender

Thanks Seb and Good Luck! The letter was a touch of class.

You''re not alone with the Wembley memories, and being a little part of our history.

What a fantastic gesture. Always said he was 95% excellent defender, 5% scary to watch.

Let''s be honest, even at his poorest he was no worse for us than Klose has been this season, and sadly was pretty much hung out to dry. All the best, and good luck big man.

I along with many others I attended the end of season dinner last Monday. Unscripted, Seb suddenly took to the stage to thank everyone for their support & to say goodbye. He also explained why he did not (was not able to) do the lap of appreciation at Carrow Road.

As with the letter a very nice gesture

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I think you are right second time ,, you are a tw*t[/quote]

I''m sorry who are you?

Obviously a great guy, if you research him a bit you''ll also discover he''s an extremely generous, switched on and intelligent guy, which makes it all the more baffling that he seems to struggle nowdays to simply concentrate for 90 minutes on the pitch!

Wish him well, he''s been nowhere near his best for us for a couple of seasons now though.

That''s a heart warming letter and a nice way to say goodbye, he also left this on twitter.
Nice guy, who obviously cares, hope he gets another club quickly and is happy
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_jn67eXkAAIGIl.jpg[/img]

I never get why he is always called out for this lack of concentration like it is only him that it applies to.

Best decision AN made was to bring him back in for the promotion run.

Great gesture, credit to him. I laughed when reading the bit about hearing us roaring when he dwelt on the ball- so true and self deprecatingly charming.

Maybe with different coaching/management he could have still been a part of the future as on his day he was a rock at the back.

All the best to him, hope he finds a good next home.