Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Regency & Grant Holt

An awareness of brand, identity and PR image is an integral part of sports directorship and is something that Webber has alluded to already in previous interviews.

I would be surprised if Holty doesn''t pop up a couple of times this summer (with kit launches etc) as if there was ever the question of a go-to NCFC icon for the current era, the answer would be him.

[quote user="Mason 47"]As of right now, his contract at Hibs ends at the end of this month.

#HoltBack[/quote]I doubt there''s a single Norwich fan who wouldn''t welcome him back at the club in some capacity.

Happy for jobs for the boys, but only if they can deliver in the chosen role.

Hucks is showing that he can offer plenty in a coaching role and will hopefully progress with us; if grant can repeat that then then thats a great link to the clubs heritage and inspirational for all.

If any of them are not able to deliver as effectively as other options then we need to cut ties.

Adam Drury was there as well, they were playing in a charity match for the CSF after the renaming of the River End, nephew Tom was there also.

I was down there today, more importantly i did witness a poster from here who claims to be in the know of our next head coach at Carrow Road, proves to Crabby and the rest of us he does have contacts in the right places.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Seems Captain Canary should watch his back - Grant Holt is trying to muscle in on his job.[/quote]

Speaking of mascots, whatever happened to Splat the

Cat?

After the Yorkshire took over the n&p brand, he probably turned into a whippet or something like that.

I''m guessing​ splat, together with the aviva lemur, will be packaged off to the mascot cupboard in the sky given the change of sponsors........😥😥😥😥

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Adam Drury was there as well, they were playing in a charity match for the CSF after the renaming of the River End, nephew Tom was there also.

I was down there today, more importantly i did witness a poster from here who claims to be in the know of our next head coach at Carrow Road, proves to Crabby and the rest of us he does have contacts in the right places.[/quote]
How did you know who the poster was Lessingham  or did he have his pinkun name on his name badge lol lol

@Dane

i have only met a handful of posters, this one in particular has a distinctive D on his person, not sure if it stands for Delia? or maybe a part of the country? or maybe he has a develish mind ? but by the way he was greeted by the staff at CR i was in no doubt the he is indeed ITK ;-)

Yes I was indeed down at the club again for more meetings before starting my new roll, I can''t give too many details but needless to say Mr Webber aka boss man is taking the relationship between the club, players and the fans very seriously now.

Surely there''s not a canary fan in existence who wouldn''t like to see Grantzilla back in a city shirt.

Fantasy thinking though.

But! Could his contribution be less than Lafferty''s. The odd five minutes would fire the team up. That''s for sure.

36 years old, playing in the scottish equivalent of our league 1.

Great player for us but with Nelson and Jerome ahead of him do we want to waste wages on an ageing player who''s best years are gone, for sentiment, or do we look to get someone 10 years younger who can bring more to the table for longer?

I am definitely one who would not like to see Holt back in a Norwich shirt. It''s this type of sentimentality and small-mindedness that has gotten us into the position we find ourselves in. I''d have him as an ambassador or coach IF he would improve the team but to have him back as a player now is ridiculous and would just serve to tarnish his legacy at the club.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Hope it''s not another duff sponsorship deal like Galway Roast 😂😂[/quote]

Dont think its a duff deal Baldyboy, it s a lucritive 5 year deal and will according to this article will provide resources for Webber/HC

More here

[url]http://mobile.canaries.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/tom-smith-3713973.aspx[/url]