Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Wes/Pritchard/Maddison

We have 3 players all hoping to start in the no 10 spot next season, though Pritchard & Wes proved in the last game they can play together, so where does that leave Maddison.

Cant see him getting ahead of those two so would you send him on loan for the season so hes playing regularly or would you consider selling him to raise funds for our new back line ??

Wes has previously admitted he can''t start every game. Pritchard can play anywhere in the three behind a lone striker (should the new manager wish to play that way). Maddison is also quite versitile. I expect no issues with a rotation of the three accross the season.

Imagine the state of the fans on twitter if we did sell him. If Pritchard got an injury we''d be relying on a 35 year old to play multiple times a week. Assuming the new manager rates Maddison then I imagine he''ll get phased in with Wes going the other way. No other clubs in this division with such great options in those positions. We should definitely keep as it is.

Keiran - Think interviews by Russ recently and Webber indicate Wes won''t be going anywhere in the summer , bet plans for the Westimonial are already underway lol

Gut feeling is that Maddison will be loaned out or a squad player.

Are we forgetting Naismith in that position too? Or is the assumption that he''s leaving or playing in a different position?

With Naismith being a high earner, and in his 30''s, I''d be happy to get some money for him and re-invest elsewhere.

Wes can still be a game changer, but we need to start playing Madds & Pritchard.

Wouldn''t mind seeing Prictchard as our main No.10, and Madds occupying a central midfield role (if Howson stays) next to Dorrans, or a n other get a combative midfielder

Maddison does not look cut out for central midfield at this level.

Different opinion on Maddison from me.I think he already is the best passer of a football at the club, whether he can develop the strength and desire to do the dirty side of being a midfielder we are yet to see.

A lot depends upon the new manager and his preferred formation.e.g. We might look very seriously "over-stocked" in he favours and old-fashioned 442

Woodman - Im hoping that Naismith will stay, like his aggression & leadership skills, though not sure how it would work with him, Wes & Pritchard all in the starting lineup

Apart from the No 1 on the keepers back the other numbers have little meaning as so team line ups. Very often it is back three with both full backs playing as almost wing halves. A slower opponents defence will see the Murphys looking to cut through the defence. or playing wide as necessary. However your questions is whether we have three players competing for one spot. I don''t think that is how things are, as said by others above.

[quote user="Samwam27"]With Naismith being a high earner, and in his 30''s, I''d be happy to get some money for him and re-invest elsewhere.

Wes can still be a game changer, but we need to start playing Madds & Pritchard.

Wouldn''t mind seeing Prictchard as our main No.10, and Madds occupying a central midfield role (if Howson stays) next to Dorrans, or a n other get a combative midfielder[/quote]I cannot see us getting any money for him, just as I suspect Everton didn''t. We merely bought out his contract As would others now. The question is would any PL club take him on, and there are only those with parachute payments who have the wherewithall to buy his contract out. I would suggest that the club will be more looking at keeping most of those who are here with one or two ''senior'' additions and use the younger players who are coming through as cover.  Godfrey, Efete, Ramsay and Toffolo as cover at the back, Thompson in the middle, with Morris as front cover.Most as 20 plus so they should be either good enough by now or will need to move on. I believe it will be the former. I would also suspect that the seven senior players who left have knocked at least £10m of the wage bill.

@carrow89

I believe it was reported in the press that the release of those seven freed up £5m in wages.