Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

how bout we lay off Ashton?

Now then, I''m quick to rubbish "friend of a friend" rumours, but...

A friend of a friend is part of the City medical team. The rumour is that Deano has an achilles problem, which would require an operation to completely cure. Whilst he can carry on playing with treatment, for now, it would explain why he seems a bit below par.

On the plus side, he would struggle to pass a medical, so we shouldn''t worry about him being sold!

Sorry to be a hypocrite when it comes to rumours, but if it stops people trying to buy Deano, I''d say this one was worth spreading around.
Please beat me lightly with those knobbly sticks!

once again i would like to remind you that the mr paul radbourne in question is once again in serious talks with norwich city & is looking likely that due to poor call stats he wont be going east in the next month or too

There are several promising young players available;I know Alex Smith from Brighton & Hove Albion is available,& looking for a move to a better team,but I dont know how the fans would react to him bearing in mind he has just come out of the closet.

If it is true about Deano needing an operation to cure his injury then i guess he will try and carry on till Thorne is fit.

Hope he''s not out for too long... 

Agreed ncfc4ever, we''d certainly need someone to hit form before we put him under the knife. Perhaps the few who knock him would like to say whom else would have 5 goals to their name this season, were Deano to be crocked.(current squad members only please!)

As to me rumour, ''twas only "f of a f" stuff, although he''s been more right than wrong over the past year. Normally I''d pay no attention, let''s hope it''s down to the frilly undies he buys off the kitman (see XXL16''s surreal oriental thread on white undershirts and lycra shorts for the full sordid story).

I know a mate of mine was talking about recent young players at Brighton doing well.
He mentioned Alex Smith at the time saying he had a lot of talent and seemed to bring a lot to the table in his early career. But of late had found himself out of the team a bit and struggling to hit target. In fact he hadnt done anything for about the last 8 weeks.

I heard Steve Watts of Crewe being mentioned as well,hes a useful player & can get round the opposition,but left to his own devices his finishing is terrible.

another little rumour a Gary Smith who has been scoring goals from 2 yards his whole career having the ball fed from Sutton and Mr white may become a forgotten name with the supply drying up and himself having to convert his own chances

due to Alex smith not hitting targets or commision steve watts will be first team choice ahead of the albion star, as well as not having the transport fare due to lending out sum finance to his team mates...aka BB

[quote]Now then, I''m quick to rubbish "friend of a friend" rumours, but... A friend of a friend is part of the City medical team. The rumour is that Deano has an achilles problem, which would require an ope...[/quote]

If the source of your "friend of a friend" is correct, I take back everything I''ve said regarding Ashton''s form -- I suppose this would also explain why Worthers was so adamant to have loads of strikers on board -- However, I think it a case of complete idiocy to field a player of Ashton''s value when they require an operation - Mcveigh, Henderson or Jarvis should have started the season up front if this were the case -- Taking risks of that magnitude is difficult to justify, and the more I think about it makes me wonder if your "friend of a friend" had one too many   

Sometimes an injury simply doesn''t require immedidate attention, and if it''s to a player as integral to our side as Ashton then we can''t afford to drop him, esp with the frontmen we already have unavailable. A fit Ashton might have had 8 goals by now, the unfit one has 4 (5 incl cup), what other player do we have to perform even as well as the unfit Ashton?

Green played the whole of our promotion season with an injury and had surgery during the summer. Wouldn''t be surprised if the same happens with Ashton.

kenwood pledge just in...for all your kettle needs. tim lee pulls off another great pledge only to be first choice for nigel worthington...good bye alex smith

"Put the key of despair into the lock of apathy. Turn the knob of mediocrity slowly and open the gates of despondency - welcome to a day in the Alex Smiths world."

From what Ive seen of Steve Watts hed be better doing Splat the Cat.If Dean is going to be out Worthy needs to look at good talent!Gareth Gates stands more chance of finishing a sentence than Steve does of an unaided run at goal.

[quote]If the source of your "friend of a friend" is correct, I take back everything I''ve said regarding Ashton''s form -- I suppose this would also explain why Worthers was so adamant to have loads of strike...[/quote]

You may be right about my friend - he''s partial to the odd sherbet whilst discussing footy - it helps him cope with being a Hornets fan!

BTW what''s with this silly name game the Newbies are playing together - it''s not fair if the rest of us can''t join in with their little gang!