Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Holty is a free agent

Been released by Hibs today - time for that time honoured tradition of giving former players with no experience the managerial reigns? [;)]

Long may he play like Jamie Cureton. Lets find him a club to go instead...I''ll go for Partick Thistle

Useful option off the bench with a view to going into coaching? If donkeys like glen murray and daryl murphy can terrorise the champs then if he can give us 15 mins or so why not?

6088m canary wrote the following post at 2017-05-14 7:32 AM:

Useful option off the bench with a view to going into coaching? If donkeys like glen murray and daryl murphy can terrorise the champs then if he can give us 15 mins or so why not?

Oh dear oh dear, another one wanting to take the club forward on an historical background. He has been released by Hibs! He hasn''t terrorised too many defences of late, and isn''t likely too in the future at the age of 36! Perhaps that is why he is taking his coaching badges!

I agree we shouldnt move back especially as he''s now 36, but to say he didnt do well at Hibs is basing purely on goals scored, by the accounts in the link below he put in a real shift. We could certainly do with a few more with his attitude.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321594-Thank-you-Grant-Holt-and-good-luck

Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 2017-05-14 12:14 PM:

I agree we shouldnt move back especially as he''s now 36, but to say he didnt do well at Hibs is basing purely on goals scored, by the accounts in the link below he put in a real shift. We could certainly do with a few more with his attitude.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?321594-Thank-you-Grant-Holt-and-good-luck

Don''t disagree with your sentiments at all YB, Holty will always put in a shift, as he did out of the game too, but Hibs have not renewed his contract for a reason, and whilst he will always be mine, and many others NCFC hero, his days of terrorising defences has gone.

No way I''d have him back as a player, we''re looking to the future and I''d rather his potential pitch time was taken by a youngster. Would be great if he played in East Anglia for a year or two (Luton, Colchester, Cambridge or similar) and then brought his coaching badges back to Carra.

I''m sure Holty will be considering his coaching options now at 36. Only 7 in 39 games at Hibs, and 2 in 14 at Rochdale isn''t a great return for the big man but he can certainly put in a decent shift still with 39 appearances in a title winning season.