Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Join ussssss

Hull relegated! So that''s it then, Sunderland, Boro and Hull. What are peoples thoughts on the releagated bunch. Nothing to fear in my eyes.

I Think sunderland are the worse team out of the 3 teams

sunderland have a ageing team and no money as it seems

Anyone like defoe will leave

Moyes should be fantastic manager in this league but has lost his way i can see them dropping like a Portsmouth into LG 1

Sunderland have been waiting to be relegated for the last God-knows-how-long. I''m pretty sure I read that Defoe can leave on a free now they are relegated, and he''s their best player even at his age; it''ll be tough for them as they don''t appear to have the assets Newcastle did - or a decent manager to negotiate the minefiekd that is the Champs. Middlesbrough and Hull are similar to us - could go either way - other than the £££ they''ll have as an advantage over us, there''s nothing particularly ''great'' about either.

Not a bad 3 to go down from our viewpoint. Sunderland a mess on and off the field with a huge rebuilding process to undertake with a poor squad and pickford aside no resale value. Hull have half a team on loan, will the rest of their permanent signings i.e Dawson huddlestone Davies etc have it in them to mount another challenge? Marco silva surely won''t hang around either. Borough are likely to be strong though with a team ofor championship players, Bamford and gestede will score plenty...if they appoint the right manager. It''s definitely preferable to a palace

Or Swansea being down here next season. There certainly isn''t on paper a Newcastle lurking around

Nothing to fear and abit like this season it''s about whether we can sort out our own glaring defensive weaknesses, find the spirit to dig in defensively and win the away games 1-0 when were not playing great and we should be up there. Fail to and it''ll not make much difference who were up against.

It''s a good league again - us, Villa, Leeds, Derby, Forest, Sunderland, Hull, Boro, 3 of Fulham, Sheff Wed, Reading and Huddersfield. Any of those should or could be top 6. Sheff Utd are on the up too. Wolves, Brum, QPR - they''re all ''big'' clubs. And of course there''s our friends down the road...

As always, I''m looking forward to it, we just need our new coach and a few new faces.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]A lot more long distance away fixtures for the team.

Oil that plane up.[/quote] Sunderland is no further than Newcastle. Are Hull that much further than Brighton?  And the other way Sheff U for Rotherham, Bolton for Blackburn. If Millwall come up and replace Fulham. Are Boro much further than Wigan ? All pretty much as you were as far as I can see.

Certainly nothing to fear from the three coming down - Sunderland and Hull are basket cases; both will do well to finish near the top 6. Boro will be pretty strong but they will lose Gibson, Friend and possible two or three others so it depends who goes there.

In comparison, I think we will be stronger.

Villa will be the team to beat I think.

Hull will be one to watch, Boro are still a championship side with a few good players. Sunderland I expect to probably struggle. League will be a tough one again next year, certainly getting harder to get promoted with the quality of some of these sides

Along with us (apart from this season) these three clubs are not good enough for the Prem but always likely to be too good for the Championship.

In fact the Champonship has now a lot of clubs recently in the Prem.

One of the promoted teams will probably come fast out of the traps.

It is very important we get our new players in place before August as there will be five or six games in that period and a lot of points to be gained or lost.

Hull could quite easily fall into League One if they don''t sort out their ownership issues. Half a squad and the other half want to leave - will lose Marco Silva straight away and potentially zero money to bring in new players.

Sunderland are £150m in debt, have an ageing team and will lose their good young players (Pickford, Watmore) to try to balance their books.

Boro went up with an excellent Championship squad and will keep most of it together on relegation. Can see Adama Traoe being unstoppable in the Championship if they keep him and Bamford has shown he can kill it in this league if given the chance. Anyone who finishes higher than Boro will most likely be promoted.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Certainly nothing to fear from the three coming down - Sunderland and Hull are basket cases; both will do well to finish near the top 6. Boro will be pretty strong but they will lose Gibson, Friend and possible two or three others so it depends who goes there.

In comparison, I think we will be stronger.

Villa will be the team to beat I think.[/quote]Agree. It is often those clubs who flap around the PL drop zone season after season who plummet when they finally fall through the trap door. Despite the parachute payments clubs are often stuck with those who relegated them, and are on contracts that no other club will take on. The best get taken back to the PL and the rest can simply stagnate, as with Villa. It is as much about having the ''oomph'' to get the squad to perform every game as it is about having ''top'' players. We might strike it lucky as we have a season when a lot of the expected rivals are not up to it for some reason or other.