Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Tony Andreu

Will he be back with City to add to the squad, sent out on loan to cover some of his wages or simply released ? He is contracted to us until June 2018.

Carrow89 wrote the following post at 2017-05-13 6:16 AM:

Will he be back with City to add to the squad, sent out on loan to cover some of his wages or simply released ? He is contracted to us until June 2018.

I cannot see he will come into any reckoning with any manager here. This was AN first signing, and was to more place a million £ to prop up Hamilton than the fact that he was wanted, as his appearances under said manager suggest. A total waste of £.

Having a very good season with Dundee Utd, 16 goals overall from midfield and in the play off final for an SPL place. Good player, but unable to get in the reckoning with us in the face of the comoetition for places. Could still do a job at championship level in but probably not with us.

Wouldn''t be surprised if he ends up at Dundee. With Maddison, Prtichard and Wes fighting over the same position, I can''t see him having much of a run here. Seems to be enjoying life with Dundee, and if Norwich want him off the wage bill, I''m sure they won''t hold out for much in terms of transfer fee

[quote user="AJ"]Wouldn''t be surprised if he ends up at Dundee. With Maddison, Prtichard and Wes fighting over the same position, I can''t see him having much of a run here. Seems to be enjoying life with Dundee, and if Norwich want him off the wage bill, I''m sure they won''t hold out for much in terms of transfer fee[/quote]Scotland seems to suit him and if he gets in the SPL with DU, he will have the enhanced platform to prove himself.

Can''t see anyone matching this wages and given how many attacking midfield options we have can''t seeing him being in our squad.

Another loan beckons

Tony Andreu if he does depart NCFC could also do a Seb Bassong.....and that would make it two French Letters......

Think we''re stuck with him for this season. Hopefully we can find someone willing to at least pay a chunk of his wages to take him on loan.

I saw him in a TV game during the season before the one just finished (for Rotherham?)

I thought he looked quite good, but not as good as any we had then or currently.

Strange signing and possibly not made in the real interests of our club.

No berating the player for aiming higher and he seems quite decent, especially when finding his level.

I wouldn''t particularly berate Neil for taking the plunge with Andreu although it does seem that the incentive was to aid Hamilton Accys.

He was by all accounts Neil''s star performer in Scotland but it too risky a purchase to justify the fee (over £1m.)

It should have been much, much lower with add-ons based upon first team appearances or goals.

It was this aspect of the deal that was more in Hamilton''s interests than those of NCFC.

So who sanctioned that and was it all involved with our acquisition of Neil himself?

Still can''t believe we signed this guy, it was clearly a condition in getting AN here. Proven by the fact that even AN didn''t rate him. Wonder what sort of money he is on?

He clearly has ability as shown at Rotherham in the championship and up in Scotland, where his team have had a successful season so far and where he has scored 11 goals so far from midfield, but with us it was always going to be a case of seeing whether he could raise his game enough to compete with Wes and the other midfielders we had at the time.   So no disgrace in giving him a chance with us, but at least he has been out on loan with some success and has some value.   Could he be given a chance under a new coach? Doubtful, but most new coaches/managers start with a level playing field for all players in the club. Andreu deserves at least that.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Carrow89 wrote the following post at 2017-05-13 6:16 AM:

I cannot see he will come into any reckoning with any manager here. This was AN first signing, and was to more place a million £ to prop up Hamilton than the fact that he was wanted, as his appearances under said manager suggest. A total waste of £.[/quote]

Yet another waste of money