Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Goalkeeping situation

I think people may be underestimating Remi Matthews a bit here - most even seem to have forgotten about him. Wouldn''t be at all surprised to see him as either No 1 or No 2 next season. I would certainly expect him to be part of our squad rather than loaned out again, but I could be wrong!

Really hope you are right about Remi.

Didn''t think he was anywhere near ready for the first team fray.

Encouraging post that .... changes the situation completely.

Alternatively -Today''s news is that following their relegation, Rotherham have just released LEE CAMP The master plan clicks into place....?

Not strictly on topic but I think many may have missed the signing of young Scottish keeper Jon MacCraken from Hamilton last summer. He has began to keep goal for our under 18''s and was the first choice goalie for Scotland in their recent U17''s EUFA tournament, with Glenn Middleton. Whatever the suggested faults in our player recruitment I don''t think any criticism can be aimed at the youth set up.

Experience now.....

Hes 26 and played 81 games for us and PNE before joining Charlton.

He''s not good enough, only need to speak to Charlton fans who will tell you that.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Experience now.....

He''s not good enough, only need to speak to Charlton fans who will tell you that.[/quote]

Curious, isn''t it, he had a great season at Preston and they wanted him back - his present manager, Robinson, wants him to stay at Charlton, having praised him for his man of the match performances this season, so Declan must be doing something right.  "Not good enough" seems to be a bit harsh.  

[quote user="Move Klose"]Experience now.....

He''s not good enough, only need to speak to Charlton fans who will tell you that.[/quote]

Funny how their are reports of Charlton and Preston wanting to sign him.