Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Confident about next season?

Difficult to say at this point...no manager, no signings , ... I think it will be another tough ride, as every championship season is. I am excited by the way our young players have performed...but the bloody defense needs to be worked on and a lot of that depends on the new manager and the signings.

There are a lot of positives to take from the past season too... but the Webber interview didn''t make me feel much more positive... no money to spend ...

The last time we won the first & last games in a season we finished 8th.The following season we were promoted.OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given that we need 8 to 11 players, it depends on the level of resources we have to rebuild the squad. It looks like free transfers and transfer fees probably less than £1m each for a number of incoming players.

I''ll be astonished if we sign more than 4 or 5 players, and indeed disappointed if we sign more because the squad will be too big again and spreading our resources across that many players means they are very unlikely to be improvements on what we already have.You really have to be optimistic at the start of a new season but I''m certainly far from confidant at the moment, some people seem to be forgetting just how competetive the Championship usually is and certainly will be next season. We clearly will have a chance but I think there are quite a few teams who are starting from a better place than us, so we have quite a bit of ground to make up.

At the start of this season I was depressed. We should have sacked Neil and had a clear out, we now have done it. Everything I''ve heard from Webber encourages me, I am really looking forward to next season. We''ll see who he hires as manager and obviously there will still be a lot of players in and out, I just have faith in the guy and see a top six finish as comfortably achievable

Not sure how to read into Webbers statement re the Murphy''s and Prichard that everyone has a price and that we will sell if its an offer we cannot refuse.

Nothing changes

Depends how the new team will gel a lot of new players in defence needed

i personally think we need

GK

2 x CB and LB

fit and quicker CM and a Striker

thats 6 new players to gel and buy !

thats without selling anyone like pinto or murphys

so at the moment i would have

GK

Pinto CB CB LB

Howson CM

Murphy Pritchard Wildschut

Oliverira ( hope he can last the season )

so a lot to do with little money

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I hope you are right however I stand by my earlier post. The Reading result was a freak one, Brighton were in hangover mode and the QPR game was a dead rubber game so these are not particularly valid games on which to base projections for success. They also ignore that we had the third worst defensive record in the Championship last season.

Should Klose move on this summer then we currently would only have Martin at CB, God help us. Where are the four CBs we need coming from? The Steve Stone interview makes it patently clear that we have to sell to buy and that is with £37 million in parachute payments. How many do you think we can bring in this summer.

We are going to have to make much more use of younger players and that means inconsistentcy but is also an exciting prospect as far as I''m concerned.[/quote]So it was nothing to do with us ? Why was it not us losing in a dead rubber game. What about Preston ? These games alone are not cause for my optimism. Four CBs are only because of your speculation that Klose might go. The parachute figure is £32m and I''m sure that will be spread over the next couple of seasons rather than us fall off the cliff next summer. Buying depends on where we source players from. I am not sure anbout inconsistency is assumed with youngsters either. We have a very strong squad, at least eight youngsters able to step up and a more determined approach regarding the playing side. Any incomers to that will only strengthen us.

The parachute payments are for one more season. Over that time we either need promotion or to reduce our current £50m wage bill to less than £20m (assuming we have little appetite for debt) and/or realise any player assets we might still have on the books.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]We need a massive squad overhaul, have no head coach and you are confident ?

Jesus help me.[/quote]We do not. We will have a head coach when it was stated. I doubt jesus could help you either.

League looks a bit weaker next season IMHO. Don''t expect Hull or Sunderland to do much, awful boring boro will need big money and new manager from gibson. Usual mid table suspects eg Rowett at Derby and Bruce at Villa may improve, plus 3 of the 4 play off teams. Possibly Leeds again but Forest may be higher than relegation fodder. Not hugely scary though is it? It is a slugfest of decent sides but not ones you would be terrified of getting too many tonkings.