Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Ryan Bennett

But if you look at it from their point of view it makes absolute sense.

He is not suddenly going to be become PL standard, but he ticks the relevant boxes, of being relatively young, experienced, and capable as a back up.

Add in that he is on a free, so won''t tie up lots of their transfer budget, so they can spend that on other areas where they need first team signings.

It''s a no lose for them, he plays well, they''ve got a winner, he doesn''t play so well, I''m sure a champs, or league 1 side would pay a transfer fee, or even if they release him, they wouldn''t have lost much.

Well worth it in my view, on paper anyways.

The only arguement against is that on grass he is carp, and may get found out.

I doubt it is any more than someone putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. As will happen every day until Aug 31st. Bennett will be on PL wages were he to sign. A contract that would ensure around a million plus for Brighton, assuming it is only a year.No Championship or L1 club would be able to pay those wages were he to move on, never mind a fee ! He will also be taking up one of the 25 squad places. So it''s a no winner which ever way you look at it.

Good luck to him wherever he lands outside of Norfolk A new challenge is just what he needs

@Carrow89

I doubt it is any more than someone putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. As will happen every day until Aug 31st.

Agree, for every club and player, it''s that time of year.

Bennett will be on PL wages were he to sign.

Brighton are a PL club, so of course what ever they pay will be PL wages, doesn''t mean as high as he''s was on here though. Although with no transfer fee they COULD pay higher salary to compensate.

A contract that would ensure around a million plus for Brighton, assuming it is only a year. No Championship or L1 club would be able to pay those wages were he to move on, never mind a fee !

If he''s on a years contract as you assume and they want to move on after that time there will be no fee payable. My guess would be a year with an option/clause at the end depending on trigger events (staying up/number of appearances and the like)

He will also be taking up one of the 25 squad places.

I''m guessing they don''t have a infinite pot of cash to replace every position with a steller signing, so this, as detailed in my previous post, ticks a lot of boxes.

So it''s a no winner which ever way you look at it.

Disagree, but isn''t that what''s great about our national game, we all watch the same matches, and have different views opinions.

I wish him well wherever he ends up.

I''m not sure Bennett was ever let down by Norwich.

Let us down a few times though...

He was ok on his day, and didn''t always look out of place in the PL, the problem was you didn''t know if it''d be a good or a bad day;

that completely unnecessary pen v Fulham within seconds of coming on immediately springs to mind as a classic example...

[quote user="Greavsy"]@Carrow89

I doubt it is any more than someone putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. As will happen every day until Aug 31st.

Agree, for every club and player, it''s that time of year.

Bennett will be on PL wages were he to sign.

Brighton are a PL club, so of course what ever they pay will be PL wages, doesn''t mean as high as he''s was on here though. Although with no transfer fee they COULD pay higher salary to compensate.

A contract that would ensure around a million plus for Brighton, assuming it is only a year. No Championship or L1 club would be able to pay those wages were he to move on, never mind a fee !

If he''s on a years contract as you assume and they want to move on after that time there will be no fee payable. My guess would be a year with an option/clause at the end depending on trigger events (staying up/number of appearances and the like)

He will also be taking up one of the 25 squad places.

I''m guessing they don''t have a infinite pot of cash to replace every position with a steller signing, so this, as detailed in my previous post, ticks a lot of boxes.

So it''s a no winner which ever way you look at it.

Disagree, but isn''t that what''s great about our national game, we all watch the same matches, and have different views opinions.

I wish him well wherever he ends up.[/quote]I didn''t assume he would be on a years contract merely that a one year contract would cost them a million pounds plus.. Any more and they would find it nigh on impossible to shift him. Who said anything about replacing every position. Did we ? Do others? We survived when the TV money was £60m. They will get £100m. I think they will use it wisely on PL quality players.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]He never stood a chance with Russell Martin at CB.[/quote]

Quite.

Martin is vastly superior in every department.

So does Ryan Bennett have multiple accounts on here, or is one of Canary Utd II and Donkey Dangler his mum?

Hate is a strange emotion. As far as I can work out it only has a negative effect on those who are doing the hating..

I''m not a vegetarian because I love animals.

I''m a vegitarian because I hate plants!

Cor, dunno about others but I can''t say I hate Bennett. Never met the fella.

Do I rate him as a footballer? Not a hope in hell. Saying that, his singing ain''t much better either.