Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Paul Lambert

Look what happens when Lambert leaves a club. Relegated within two years.

If we do go for him, we can''t ever let him go!

I''m undecided. If you''d have asked me a week ago I''d have been a hell no but it is starting to look more appealing.

And Ginja, as for Aston Villa being Europa League contenders when he took over, do me a favour! They had just finished two points above the relegation zone and had the second worse goals scored record in the Premier League. On what planet does that make a team a dead cert for a top-half finish and a possible Europa League contender?!

We need an energetic and ambitious young manager on his way up - as Lambert was.......Not a battered and bruised relic on his way down. [W]

[quote user="lappinitup"]We need an energetic and ambitious young manager on his way up - as Lambert was.......Not a battered and bruised relic on his way down. [W][/quote]

Is this you throwing your hat in the ring?

I''m always up for a Scampi-based celebration, but there must be no-limit on portion size and freshly made tartar sauce.

Apples

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"][quote user="lappinitup"]We need an energetic and ambitious young manager on his way up - as Lambert was.......Not a battered and bruised relic on his way down. [W][/quote]

Is this you throwing your hat in the ring?[/quote]We had a great time while he was here - but that''s history now.Let''s leave history to the binners while we look to the future. [Y]

[quote user="canarydan23"]Look what happens when Lambert leaves a club. Relegated within two years.

If we do go for him, we can''t ever let him go!

I''m undecided. If you''d have asked me a week ago I''d have been a hell no but it is starting to look more appealing.

And Ginja, as for Aston Villa being Europa League contenders when he took over, do me a favour! They had just finished two points above the relegation zone and had the second worse goals scored record in the Premier League. On what planet does that make a team a dead cert for a top-half finish and a possible Europa League contender?![/quote]
That season was a blip, McLeish is a terrible manager, unwanted right from his appointment, rightly sacked. If you look at the majority of prior seasons they were regularly finishing in the top half, 7 out of 10 seasons were 10th or above. Villa should have been a top half side with their resources and Lambert blew it.

Isn''t Lambert currently half way through his "Sleeping Giants Tour"?

Next stops Sunderland (great history, fans deserve success, massive potential), Forest (great history, fans deserve success, massive potential) and Coventry City (great history, fans deserve success, massive potential).

Apples

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]He is considering walking out on Wolves due to their transfer policy

Would you have him back

Have carefully considered I am in the Yes camp[/quote]

Lambert wants to be a cheque book manager in the mould of David O''Leary. A return to Norwich would not be an option as the boy Stone has stated there is no pot of cash here.

He has always worked with limited resources, even at Villa, but does get the best out of his squads.  We have a top notch under-performing squad so he would not have to spend much to achieve impressive results IMO.      

[quote user="paul moy"]He has always worked with limited resources, even at Villa, but does get the best out of his squads.  We have a top notch under-performing squad so he would not have to spend much to achieve impressive results IMO.       [/quote]

Russell Martin and the rest of the defence are hardly top notch.

Any manager coming here would have to get in a complete new defence and a new no.1.

Any new manager would have to get rid of Russell Martin as he has come to symbolise everything that is wrong about the club. A player who has a lot to say about what is going on around him, but does nothing on the pitch to warrant a place in the side. How are the others around him going to sweat blood for the cause when he as captain can''t play?

Allegedly has parted company with Wolves tonight. Karanka is top of the list to replace him.

Nothing on bbc or sky to say Lambert has left Wolves though I saw that Karanka is fav to replace him lol

Much like the "real" Messiah, I fear his second coming would be brief before he ascended somewhere else.

I think the club are waiting for Wolves to sack the Messiah before appointing him so they don''t have to pay compensation

Might be a few weeks before all the jigsaw pieces fall into place

You''re living in cuckoo land Waveney lol

Its already been confirmed today by Michael Bailey that we''re in the 2nd interview stage so that rules him out, thank goodness

Poor Waveney, will his broken heart ever be mended?

"It''s not the despair. I can take the despair. It''s the hope I can''t stand."

Apples

Lambert would have no problem with Webber as Webber has already said the Head Coach would have final say (but not the only say) on players.

I would be so happy if he came back. knows the club, area, owners, fans, expectations. Will already have the respect of the young players..

A no brainer

[quote user="Mike "]...knows the club, area, owners, fans, expectations...[/quote]
All completely irrelevant and useless points for making a good manager here.

How did Wagner get on at Borussia Dortmund ?  His Wikipedia entry says he was there from 2011-2015 but doesn''t say anything at all about his record.

I wouldn''t hold your breath about Lambert returning Waveney.  I think you''ll find your "return of the Messiah" analogy is all too apt, at least on the timescale for the return...