Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Paul Lambert

A very, very difficult one.

For: He was our Messiah, the club suits him, McNally has gone. He has built up connections Perhaps Deli would object..

Against: Never go back, he has had mixed to miserable fortunes since he walked out on us.

On balance it''s a NO from me, but wouldn''t totally object.

It would be interesting to say the least.

Sorry: Perhaps Delia would object should have been an "against" factor.

I would be interested in a poll on the matter.

"Paul Lambert is considering quitting Wolves amid huge concerns over the Championship club''s transfer policy.Lambert''s future as head coach has been plunged into doubt after just

six months, with the Wolves hierarchy battling to prevent him from

leaving Molineux.The former Aston Villa and Blackburn manager is thought to be unhappy

with the club''s stance on new signings and is refusing to accept a

proposed influx of unknown foreign players.Lambert was keen to buy a core of British players this summer, along

with a couple of signings from abroad recommended by Jorge Mendes - the

super-agent who has close links to Wolves owners Fosun.Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, Newcastle defender Grant Hanley and

Tom Lawrence, who impressed on loan at Ipswich from Leicester, were all

targets for the Scot.But Telegraph Sport understands

Lambert has been informed that Mendes will be handling all player

recruitment this summer, which has left him seriously considering his

future".

He''s not happy with the set-up - which is exactly the same as our new set-up. So why would he come here?

Maybe he should go and manage in China; he seems intent on making himself unemployable any place money doesn''t grow on trees.

Certainly Abraham and Lawrence will be on most Championship manager''s shopping list.

I''m inclined to thinking along the same lines as Broadstairs BUT, i would find it very hard to say no to a potential new holy trinity of Webber, Irvine and Lambert.

I couldn''t see Irvine staying last week but Lambert it one guy he might be prepared to work for in the same or similar role he had with Neil. I think Irvine and Lambert would go together well, they''d be quite the yin and yang!

I think as others have said, this sounds an awful lot like Lambert being unhappy at not having autonomy over footballing decisions.

Does ''The Head Coach will have the final say, but not the only say'' sound like much of a departure from that?

quote user "They call me the Chihauhau" waveney et al

He is considering walking out on Wolves due to their transfer policy

Would you have him back

I had to applaud the PU for trolling the trollmeister general.

He''s very much a ''manager'' in the Steve Bruce, for example, mould. He isn''t a coach, Culverhouse did the majority of the work on the training ground here while Lambert maintained a distance except for stuff like tactical briefings and on matchdays.

We''re looking for a head coach, a completely different role to one Lambert would be looking for. That''s without mentioning that this is the second official but possibly third if we assume some things about his exit here that he''s left a club because he''s not happy with a transfer policy/money available, then look at our current set up. That''s a match made in hell.

More chance of me getting the job than Lambert.

hmmmm....bit of a theme developing here now

....walked out of NCFC ,BLackburn and now possibly Wolves for "not being backed" in the transfer market...and sacked at Villa after having a limited budget.

maybe the common denominator isn''t actually the clubs but the individual?

The Messiah has coaching experience in Germany, and spent time at the same club as David Wagner. This experience, coupled with a familiarity with the club, makes him a natural choice – a firm yes from me. Time to bring back The Messiah!

Rarely works out when managers/players return.

Do I want the success that we enjoyed under PL? yes.

Would PL returning be able to deliver that again? Doubtful.

Do I want PL to return? No.

Agreed. We need to move on, not shop in the "who do we already know" aisle. Just because a guy succeeded here once in a certain set of circumstances is no indicator that he would succeed again under entirely different circumstances. Let''s leave his legacy as The Messiah, not risk him becoming The Pariah.

I want us to appoint a good manager so it has to be a no from me, complete flop since leaving us.

He has thrown his hat in the ring as per the mirror

The second coming of the Messiah is about to happen.

The EDP poll shows a clear majority want the return of the Messiah

Rarely works? Eddie Howe.... Lambert an absolute 100% yes from me.. I''d be sooooooooooo happy. Proactive substitutions, attacking football, go for it mentality, backing for the youth... what is there not to like

[quote user="Ginja"]I want us to appoint a good manager so it has to be a no from me, complete flop since leaving us.[/quote]

Kept Villa up when others could not, saves Blackburn, turned round Wolves... yep complete flop

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="Ginja"]I want us to appoint a good manager so it has to be a no from me, complete flop since leaving us.[/quote]

Kept Villa up when others could not, saves Blackburn, turned round Wolves... yep complete flop[/quote]
Yes I suppose you can sugar coat it that way, or he took a Villa side that should have been top half easy, potentially europe place and nearly relegated them twice before his eventual sacking. When he took over at Blackburn they were 16th, and they finished 15th, hardly inspirational and I''ll admit he''s done okay at Wolves but if you look at the performance in detail it''s patchy at best, a good run in March saved them.
A totally uninspiring choice that will only taint his memory here in the end, thankfully online polls don''t choose our manager and I trust Webber to make the correct appointment.

He''ll not come back, he''ll be waiting for that Premier top 6 or Bundesliga job to come along once his true ability is recognised (again).

Apples

Certainly has done very little since he parted company with Karsa and Culverhouse.!! It rarely works out well when a manager returns aka Walker!