Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Championship players our of contract

[url]https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2[/url]
Is there anyone on this list who could add anything to our squad in our opinions

We seem to have quite a few players on that first page with a relatively high nominal value.

As I''ve been saying, the total market value of the players we''ve released according to that site is 11.49 million !  It''s fine to get them off the wage bill, but first we should have not let their contracts to end and tried to sell them 

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Charlie Taylor ?[/quote]

He kicked up a fuss at Leeds because he wanted a move to the EPL, didn''t he?

David Davis, Lucas Akins, Danny Ward, Jonson Clarke-Harris.

Players that could strengthen the squad.

[quote user="tired"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Charlie Taylor ?[/quote]

He kicked up a fuss at Leeds because he wanted a move to the EPL, didn''t he?[/quote]

yes he has refused to play in some games at the end of the season, off to be in a prem reserve with West Brom rumored to be after. Looks a good player but alittle attack minded for a Tony Pulis team i would have thought.

I don''t think he''s that special. Maybe a move will bring more out of him but I don''t think he''s really shone at Leeds.

Hows about looking at PL players out of contract?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1

Take the risky route. One year contracts, massive wages? Use the parachutes that way.

Worry about the consequences when we are up there.

One year only with a weaker team will solve the finances for the time being.

Failure and that''s the demise of NCFC.

Who''s up for it? Hit or bust?

(Cannot seem to do links on my chtomebook.)

Some interesting players on that list who could maybe interest us but the majority are pretty terrible or at the end of their careers. Scott Parker stands out on a one year contract and I know this''ll be completely ridiculed but Darren Bent can still do a job on the championship as he''s a finisher......tin hat on!!!!

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]As I''ve been saying, the total market value of the players we''ve released according to that site is 11.49 million !  It''s fine to get them off the wage bill, but first we should have not let their contracts to end and tried to sell them  [/quote]That is incorrect. Firstly to extend their contracts would have meant two or more years. Something that would not have made sense given that we will be £32m less come June 2018. Their value is the cost of buying out their contracts. No club would offer us anything like what we would have to offer them, so it would be  case of spending a few million on the hope that we might get about a third of that back. The figure you quote bears no resemblance to the reality of the situation

[quote user="holt who goes there"]Some interesting players on that list who could maybe interest us but the majority are pretty terrible or at the end of their careers. Scott Parker stands out on a one year contract and I know this''ll be completely ridiculed but Darren Bent can still do a job on the championship as he''s a finisher......tin hat on!!!![/quote]
Welcome back ''''Holt who goes there''''  
We definitely could do with a finisher but Bent must be 34 now and we''re trying to bring our average ago range down  lol

Apparently Stockdale about to sign for Chlesea to bench squat.

Hence the rumours of Ruddy to Brighton.

Thanks for the welcome message. I get the age thing completely but I still feel that you''ve got to have an element of experience in any team/organisation. We all want to see a youthful, exciting team, full of enthusiasm but there will be times in the season when you need the more experienced players. Bent wouldn''t be a starter for me but he could definitely do a job imo!!

Paradoxically, "free" players are often expensive. Those in demand want big contracts: those not in demand are often not very good. Free players from League One might suit rather better - particularly those that have deliberately let their contract run down. I can''t remember the name or club I''m afraid but I recall there is a left back that we have been associated with that falls into this category.

Solanke from Chelsea is available for free as wants first team chances, was rated higher than Abraham at the start of the season and wages depending could be worth a look at.

[quote]Wow.......league 1 free transfers!! Can you possibly imagine this forum come the 1 Sep 17 if we''ve only signed a group of league 1 free transfers? We''ve got to aim higher than that I''m afraid.[/quote]

I''m not very keen on free transfers at all as they

tend to be expensive if they are any good. Most top end championship

frees will be on very high wages. They will either be seeking a move to

the Premier if they are good enough or a fat pay cheque, so they can

ride out the rest of their careers. I thought that Webber was quite

clear about the need to reduce the average age of the squad and get in

younger, hungrier players.As you suggest, a loan of a young

premier player could be good but Premier and championship frees could be

problematic - although obviously there are exceptions. I would

not be surprised if we got additions from League One, free and otherwise

- I thought that this was one of the points about the new structure -

unearthing "undiscovered gems."

Solanke won''t be dropping down to the Championship. He''s aiming for a club with European football. And Charlie Taylor has a host of PL teams queuing up to sign him.

If we could talk Jason Lowe into leaving the north and moving to Norwich, I''d be quite happy. But otherwise, there''s no-one on that list I''d be too keen to see us sign.

id happily take manga, mattock, and henley (as cover for pinto) as free''s

then throw cash at assombalonga, caulker and if huddersfield dont go up get wells

RB - Cyrus Christie 6''" 2" 24 years old - currently at Derby

DM - Tom Thorpe 6'' 2" 24 years old - Rotherham - been on loan at Bolton - England U21 I do not know whether he has signed a contract to replace the contract that runs out this summer.

I expect us to sign a mixed bag this transfer window and I''m sure there''ll be the odd league one player in there but having looked at the out of contract list for league one players I''d be surprised if any of them come our way.

Sanogo on a free from Arsenal?Has struggled to breakthrough at Arsenal but looked good on loan at Charlton and unfortunately missed most of this season through a calf injury, but the talent is there (certainly at this level IMHO) and on a sensible deal would surely offer more than Morris who despite a season on loan still looks nowhere near ready for this level?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Sanogo on a free from Arsenal?Has struggled to breakthrough at Arsenal but looked good on loan at Charlton and unfortunately missed most of this season through a calf injury, but the talent is there (certainly at this level IMHO) and on a sensible deal would surely offer more than Morris who despite a season on loan still looks nowhere near ready for this level?[/quote]

For the first half of the season he was not on loan and then he was injured for quite alot of the second half of the season. He needs a full season on loan at a division one club such as Rotherham.

Dont forget he is only 20 give him time.......

Harvey Rogers

Can play anywhere across the back row.

20 years old

At Hull City - out of contract this summer.

Been on loan at Accrington Stanley this season