Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Timm Klose -keep or sell?

Would be interested in peoples opinion on Timm and what we should do.

There were times in the premiership when he just looked a class above, not just our team but other premier league players.

That class seemed to going missing last year. I''m really not sure why, possibly complacency or the style of the championship not suiting him (actually probably was a bit of both). I also wonder if his character that makes him such a hit on twitter portrays a player who perhaps doesn''t take the game serious enough, hence silly errors.

If he wants to go, then I''d let him (for the right price). BUT if he indicates he wants to stay, what do you think the club should do, keep and hope he adjusts better this year OR cash in?

Surely with Bennett and Bassong gone, RM apparently designated to just back up status if we sell Timm Klose then we will have to buy a whole new central defence this Summer.

Impractical, even dangerous, in extreme.

Hang onto the player unless we get a silly offer that is difficult to refuse or the player himself wants away.

Difficult one. When we first signed him he looked a cut above any other defender we''d had in recent years, but last season he seemed hampered by his own motivation (or lack of).The quality is definitely there, I guess it all depends on the vision of the new head coach. If we are going to have the facility to play three at the back, with Pinto and Dijks (or A N Other) as wing backs à la Chelsea, keeping Klose and Martin could be very important. Martin plays much better with three centre backs, and with a strong and fast CB alongside them it could work really well (with Efete waiting in the wings to cover injuries/suspensions).However, if Timm doesn''t want to be here, I''m sure we could find a suitor who would at least help us recoup some of the large outlay we made on him.

would rather play it safe next season and keep him unless someone comes in with a big offer. would be a lot to replace him unless Webber has a clever plan in mind.

His stock has fallen he may be difficult to move on even if we want to. The transfer fee would be a fraction of what we paid. If we pair him with a good new center back he may well blossom next season

He clearly doesn''t enjoy the physical aspect of life in the Championship, so would another year be good for him or for us?

If we can get a reasonable price, we could save a year''s wages and also have some money to sign a player happier in the conditions.

Assuming he''s on relatively high wages, he''s a luxury we can''t afford.  If we can get a decent offer, even if it''s a fair bit less than he paid, we''re better off having the money to get in  a "young and hungry" CB who will relish the Championship.

Yes, we''re going to be rebuilding our defence almost completely, but given Klose will not really want to be here whatever he says, I''d rather have a clear out.

After all, when Hughton brought in Bassong & Turner it didn''t take long to turn them into a solid CB pairing (for that season anyway).

Being honest I''m more disappointed about the other defenders we''ve released, than I would be if Klose was sold, although we don''t know whether the other defenders have had negotiations about new contracts on lower wages etc which have been unsuccessful.

I''m pretty sure we can assume he''s higher up the list of Webber''s targets to move on if possible due to the likely high wage to value ratio currently, and a move for the right price would probably suit everyone. If he did end up staying you feel that with a bit of decent coaching he could get to grips with the championship, but defensive coaching appears to have been a dirty word around Colney until recently so who knows...

Has he helped to shore up our defence?

No

Does his wage reflect his ability and performances?

No

Far too slow and far from dominant...

Sell

[quote user="Platonic"]I''m pretty sure we can assume he''s higher up the list of Webber''s targets to move on if possible due to the likely high wage to value ratio currently, and a move for the right price would probably suit everyone. If he did end up staying you feel that with a bit of decent coaching he could get to grips with the championship, but defensive coaching appears to have been a dirty word around Colney until recently so who knows...
[/quote]

Think you''ve hit the nail on the head there.

Definitely keep - but we need the right partner for him which we don''t have at the moment.

Would it be worth going back in for that young central defender from the lower French leagues we were looking at last summer? Onguene I think it was.

Keep!! I think he missed a lot of preseason last year with his season ending injury from 12 months ago. Get him fitter through the summer and I reckon we have our natural leader in defence.

Definitely keep - but we need the right partner for him which we don''t have at the moment.

Exactly this ! i think with the right partner at CB he would shine again and show his class

Not trusting the player next to you is going to take a edge off your own performance and i think that is part of Klose problem

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Sell please, too many times looks disinterested.[/quote] Unfortunately it is not just a case of sell. There has to be another club willing to take on his current contract and then offer a fee (hopefully). From watching the defence it has seemed as if there has been a lack of coordination. Opponents left completely unmarked. Get this sorted out and Klose is up to it.

It doesn''t matter who he''s partnered with every time he plays against a striker with strength he gets bullied off the park, that for the championship is most games and he got completely found out last season, a massive part of why our defence was so poor last season and no surprise his agent is struggling to find a club willing to take him already

For me he is still the best CB - if he can improve his game against the more physical players then we will struggle to get better. Him and a decent partner and we are should improve.

Despite some shocking appearances overall we consistently picked up more points per start with him than without.

However its a balance of how much better the squad could be if we get a decent fee and recycle his wages more effectively

So its a keep unless we can get both a good offer and can buy a decent replacement

Yes, he''s looked a bit disinterested - however, he joined Norwich with the intent of playing in the Prem, so given the lack-lustre nature of everything around him this season I partly understand. Having said that, self-leadership should be evident & it generally wasn''t.

I''d keep & improve around him. Only sell if a superb offer comes in.

Such divided opinion on Klose. I would look at it purely based on wages. Whatever we sell him for we''ll do so on a loss but keeping him for the remainder of his contract on the wages he''s on would probably do us more harm than good. Though I can''t say he was solely to blame for the leaky defence he didn''t look up to the fight which he was surely anticipating when he decided to stay last season.

[quote user="unique"]Has he helped to shore up our defence?

No

Does his wage reflect his ability and performances?

No

Far too slow and far from dominant...

Sell[/quote]

Big Vince would actually pay any club to take any of our remaining defenders off the books.

Absolute shockers the lot of them.

[quote user="ZLF"]For me he is still the best CB - if he can improve his game against the more physical players then we will struggle to get better. Him and a decent partner and we are should improve.

Despite some shocking appearances overall we consistently picked up more points per start with him than without.

Actually if you look at average points gained for starts I think Bassong was way ahead of any other of our centre backs, surprisingly enough. For all the flak he took, our defence looked a lot more solid when he was organising it - he just made stupid individual errors.

I''m not sure if anyone ever paired Bassong with Klose, did they?

However its a balance of how much better the squad could be if we get a decent fee and recycle his wages more effectively

So its a keep unless we can get both a good offer and can buy a decent replacement[/quote]