Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

Play offs

So who''s your money on to go up . My personal opinion I think Fulham will walk it they have been on fire lately and the rest of them looked like the wheels had started to come off .

I also tend to go with the ''momentum'' thing - which would be Fulham, though it often doesn''t actually work out that way. Huddersfield certainly don''t appear to be going in with form behind them - Wagner may well end up regretting resting his players as they can lose the sharpness that got them there

Fulham v Sheffield Wed final, hope Fulham win, don''t want to play them against next year

form says fulham weds; although my preference is to see a fulham huddersfield final as i think both teams have played the best football this season.

And Jokanovic and Wagner are managers I covet.

Ideally fulham to get promoted so we dont have to wave good bye to those 4-6 points we lose to them each season...

Fulham have been imperious since the turn of the year, coming from a bit of a way behind to steam into the play offs, kind of reminds me the way City did with Alex 2 years ago. Also they remind me of how they played the last time they were  in this division and getting promoted to the Prem. They were almost unplayable at times.  I think the other 3 clubs know full well it will take a huge effort to depose Fulham from going up.

It is often the team with a head of steam that carries it through to the PL (Fulham). Huddersfield seem to have blown a gasket recently and Readings 6 first half goals conceded against us puts a question mark over their consistency. One benefit is that all four sets of fans don''t have far to travel in the semis.

Really interesting playoffs this year as I see them all at a very similar level. Five points between all four teams, is nothing but I agree that momentum can be massive, so Fulham for me. On a seperate note, what are peoples thoughts on how Wagner has approached the build up to the playoffs? If they win the playoffs then he''ll be the best thing since sliced bread and we''d have no chance of getting him but if they lose would you still want him here after all his tinkering?

Having seen Reading twice in the flesh & several times on tv, I''ve just been amazed they are in the play offs. Never seen them even play reasonably well. So that said they will probably win it.

Giving a small squad of players a rest before a three game season could be a stroke of genius or not. Suspect whatever the outcome he won''t be at Huddersfield, or here, next season either way.

But yes, I would still want him here, worked with better players at Dortmund, shown he can take new signings to build a team spirit and organise them quickly and done wonders with limited resources.

4 very good managers, all non English, showing its not all about money but about organisation and tactics. There are great young coaches out there.

Thought Reading were the better team the first half and Fulham much stronger the second half so a draw was a fair result in my opinion

Huddersfield v Sheffield Wed, guess we need Huddersfield to lose if we are with any chance of landing Wagner?

0-0 nearly half time

[quote user="Diane"]Fulham v Sheffield Wed final, hope Fulham win, don''t want to play them against next year[/quote]We''ve got 15 minutes to hope Fulham turn it around.

Same here. I thought they were the team that left it late and would have enough left in the tank to get to the final. Glad I didn''t put that bet on them now.

I did put that bet on. Fulham. But thankfully only a tenner. Goes to show how much many of us know. Hoping it won''t be Reading who go up. Weds is who I shall be rooting for.

It''s as I said - the theory about ''momentum'' doesn''t actually work in practice as often as we think. It is a tad odd as Reading were pitiful against us, it just goes to show how these things can go!

I''m not as sure as some that Fulham will be as effective next season, but I guess we''ll see; they did hit a rich vein of form, that''s not in doubt, but still only finished 6th.

BP I agree that many clubs are often not the same the following season. I would doubt Leeds, Huddersfield and Reading will be the same threat next season. Barnsley were going great until the January transfer window when they sold a few players. How many players will be sold or picked off from other Championship clubs this summer ?

Selfishly I didn''t want Fulham to win as it''s a good week-end away day for me with friends, but the other side of the coin is that I think if the club remains intact (manager and players) and strengthen over the Summer then they could be amongst the favourites for automatic next season ..... along with ''Boro, Villa and dare I say it a Webber enthused NCFC along with the other teams who will have lost out in the play-offs.

Derby might also gel at last so all in all the automatics are not quite so clear cut as they were for the season just gone when many pundits had the Toon and us as near certs (hic!)

Early forecasting already, not withstanding the Summer activity. Eh?

OTBC.

That was nerve wracking. Weds save back in it, then miss their 5th. Stuffs my predictions and maybe puts any signing of Wagner on hold

Certainly not me. I had it as Fulham v Weds with Fulham winning. I should imagine the red half of Sheffield were dancing with glee tonight. And will be up for plenty of p taking with their blue rivals over the next few days.