Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Leeds linked with bid to buy Howson

£4m? And the rest.

28 years old, longish contract. Piss take.

How much did we pay for Wildshutt? Double the four and add some.

Such a move might appeal to JH though as it''s his part of the world.

I''d have thought that if he were to leave it would be for the Premier league - Brighton perhaps?

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]Sell him well past his best[/quote]

Sell sell sell!! until we actually do, then it''s, why why why?

We need some continuity in the squad. A complete overhaul isn''t necessary, and will only likely see us struggle further next year.

Howson is a key player, and a player in his prime. Keep Keep Keep!

Not a coincidence that our dreadful run coincided when he was out injured. One of the must keeps along with Pritchard if we are to have any hope of rejoining the Premier League anytime soon.

After Pritchard he''s the one player i wouldn''t sell no matter what the bid.

Given his contribution virtually every match, the price is too low. At £6m or more perhaps. Get rid of Wildshut first.

I would suggest that this is nothing more than the usual media finding 2 and 2 and when put together make 5. Neither club would be stating anything, and so the transfer fee is also meaningless. Were he to move it would be a great loss.

If Burnley and Brighton get involved we could have a bidding war that results in an offer too good to turn down, especially as he''s supposedly Leeds'' no.1 target in the summer and they have some money behind them next year. He''s 29 and a vital part of our team but if that offer started creeping towards 8 million I think we''d struggle to turn it down.

We''re always a worse side without Howson playing though so that worries me a bit. I was hoping he''d see out his career here and eventually become captain but I''d imagine Stuart Webber would feel that kind of money would give him a lot of room to manoeuvre

Lazy journalism, they will lose Wood and carry on floating mid table, I think Johnny knows beyond moving to a top flight team he has a better chance of going up with us!

Given that Howson is nearly 29 and has one year left on his contract may be this is the time to sell.

I would have thought some lower half of the Premiership teams may be interested and I would have thought his fee would be at least £7m (the fee we got for Johnson).

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]If Burnley and Brighton get involved we could have a bidding war that results in an offer too good to turn down, especially as he''s supposedly Leeds'' no.1 target in the summer and they have some money behind them next year. He''s 29 and a vital part of our team but if that offer started creeping towards 8 million I think we''d struggle to turn it down.

We''re always a worse side without Howson playing though so that worries me a bit. I was hoping he''d see out his career here and eventually become captain but I''d imagine Stuart Webber would feel that kind of money would give him a lot of room to manoeuvre[/quote] It won''t be us turning anything done. Players now have release clauses that state if a certain offer is made they can leave if they want. Their agents will inform the buying club what bid to make and that is it. However expect a fair number of these stories as the media look to fill their pages and it is not too difficult to make up a link.

I think we could consider selling if he doesn''t fit the new system but we shouldn''t sell to another championship team.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''d want more than 8 quid to be fair.[/quote] I doubt you will get anything whatever happens.

Why sell one of your best players at all? Consistently good at championship level? Maybe just maybe this ''exciting new structure'' is a cover for getting our wage bill dramatically reduced. Would not be happy losing one of our better players. Wonder what the structure is to Webber''s bonus?

[quote user="Diane"]Bradley at 29 went for £6m so we would want at least £8 for Howson[/quote]This seems logical.[Y]4 million is way off beam.

Good player, 2 years on his deal, and a club that doesn''t need to sell to a divisional rival...

I believe £10m is the current going rate for the situation.

As other''s have said... £4m!?!?! I know they''ve not been actually doing much in the market lately but can someone just tell them what has happened to the transfer market in the last 3 years?

£7m for Wildschut, £12m for McCormack, £8m for Pritchard, £12m for Hogan... etc etc

If we''re going to sell Howson to finance rebuilding, we just need to put a compilation of this season together and slap £10m minimum on his head.

i would sell around 7,5 mil

for me never really runs the midfield grabs a game and takes charge for a so called top player in this league

Has a bid actually been made ? Have either club confirmed any interest ? I think you''ll find the answer is no. So I would not worry yourself a bit as you are going to get this all summer.

We have given no players away on frees. Their contracts expired so they were no longer our players. There is no evidence whatsoever that there as been any bid, never mind there being any fee involved. It is merely the media filling up space as they do every time until 1st Sept. I would have thought you would have been accustomed to it now.Rather than biting on every one.