Pre season friendlies.

Norwich City’s 2017/18 pre-season fixture schedule

Saturday, July 8 - Lowestoft Town (A) - 3pm

Tuesday, July 11 - Stevenage (A) - 7:45pm

Saturday, July 15 - Cambridge United (A) - 2pm

Tuesday, July 25 - Charlton Athletic (A) - 7:45pm

Saturday, July 29 - Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 3pm

Not overly inspired personally.

Club also said details of a tour will be announced at a later date. Would also expect another couple of home games dropped into that schedule slightly closer to the time.

So far keeping it very local, maybe not the worst idea considering the scale of rebuild needed this pre-season.

The tour details will have had to been mostly sorted months ago, certain the base where the club will be staying - it might even have been while AN was still around. Unless Webber thought they were horrendous I doubt he would have changed too much.

It''s become common practise for lots of clubs to go the Autrian/German border area to do a training camp so I wouldn''t be surprised if that happens.Also some of those fixtures above will be fufilled by a ''Norwich City XI'', probably a run out for the squad members and U23''s.

Im hoping the tour offers some stiffer competition. We usually have at least two foreign top flight games. Brighton may be a top flight team now but hardly a challenge recently!

Hoping for some decent home games too.

perhaps it will changed to be more like the thrills free boot camp Wagner used last summer for huddersfield.

We always play Lowestoft & Cambridge to help them out Greavsy so they aren''t a surprise.

The foreign ( if I dare say that without everyone arguing) tour between 15th to 25th, hopefully to Germany which would tempt me to go.

Brighton should be a good one on July 29th, should give us a good idea who will start in our first game on August 5th

I don''t have a problem with who we are playing Diane, and enjoy watching them against the lower local sides.

Smaller venues, and can get close the action, on a nice summer evening, places like Lowestoft, Dereham and Diss, Ive been to previously.

Got to Lowestoft just as it got called off last year. :-(

I''m more disappointed with the (current) lack of home games against what I would call a decent, crowd pulling opposition.

We will be lucky to get over 10K for Brighton in my view.

Hopefully as others have said, a few more will be announced shortly.

Why do we play so few pre season games at home? I think most we''ve played at home in recent years is two

To be honest who really gives a stuff about pre season games. Their main purpose is to get players in shape and for the manager to try out things. Pretty pointless games to watch tbh.

Where I live I could do Stevenage, Cambridge and Charlton with relative ease. Think I''ll just do one though.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...an excellent chance for the Brighton fans to turn up and barrack Alex Pritchard again....[/quote] Perhaps they will bring those ''CHAMPIONS'' scarves with them. The ones being sold outside of the game, they lost to us.

I expect the Charlton game has some connection to Rudd''s loan. Elsewhere the usual procedure is for the home team to pay the visiting team a fee, so maybe we have lost money against previous European clubs. However it maybe that when some of them are over here they will fit in another game. The Brighton game does suggest that there is no bad feeling between Hughton and the club. Time for us to move on, it didn''t work here with him and that''s how things are.

Just remembered​ too, that it''s Wes'' testimonial year, so would assume a match will be arranged for that too.. Not sure who against, but that would give another home fixture, presumably pre season.

Doubt if Westimonial would be in pre season Greavsy, they take 2/3 months to organise, more likely to be in the summer months.

Guess they will announce they tour abroad before any more games are added, if any are added.