Sign in to follow this  
pete

City looking to sell Jarvis

A nice idea but who will take not played at all on big wages and comfortable with the situation who can blame him. Will never sell or give him away if to get rid next season need to invest in package to entice him to walk away.

And looking to cash in on Wildshutt according to EDP. Cashing in means getting at least the £7m rumoured fee. Again this is fanciful any interest is unlikely. Webber seems to be bit of a dreamer needs to get real and accept City stuck with under performers until contract runs out.

[quote user="pete"]A nice idea but who will take not played at all on big wages and comfortable with the situation who can blame him. Will never sell or give him away if to get rid next season need to invest in package to entice him to walk away.[/quote]Nope! Google Translate doesn''t work with this one. [:S]

I can''t see another club being foolish enough to sign Jarvis with his injury record. West Ham were laughing all the way to the bank when Norwich made an offer for this lame duck......

Stuart Webber has been ruthless in getting rid of those who are out of contract, or we did not take up the option to extend. He will have to pull something out of the bag to get any club to take Jarvis, especially with his injury record. The same could be said of Naismith, but who will pay the wages for someone who did nothing to set the Championship alight this season, let alone the Premiership the season before. I now see Tettey says he is looking forward to next season; too slow, dodgy knees, but great if you want at least 10 yellow cards and no shots on goal. Finally, I have always liked Howson, but maybe it is time for him to move on.

i think we should be sitting down trying to strike a deal to let him go a free nobody is going to pay a fee for him with his injury record

Looks like the jury is out on Jarvis in that no one will go near him even on a free with his injury record - even on a free they will still have to pay his wages so looks like we are stuck with him

Nobody (except us) are stupid enough to pay a transfer fee for Jarvis. Then to make things worse we gave a known injury prone player a three and half year contract.

Madness!

This so called new structure seems to me to be, put all up for sale (everyone has a price), except Martin, he''s the sort we need at the club (quote), get left with the under performers, the sick notes, oh and Martin..............?[*-)]

Not a chance someone is going to pay a fee for Jarvis and agree to the wages he''s currently on. As said above, best we can do is try and sort a deal out with the player to let him go. Otherwise we need to ensure he''s back to his best physically and find a way to use him next season.

No more ruthless than those before him who allowed the[quote user="hampton canary"]Stuart Webber has been ruthless in getting rid of those who are out of contract, or we did not take up the option to extend. He will have to pull something out of the bag to get any club to take Jarvis, especially with his injury record. The same could be said of Naismith, but who will pay the wages for someone who did nothing to set the Championship alight this season, let alone the Premiership the season before. I now see Tettey says he is looking forward to next season; too slow, dodgy knees, but great if you want at least 10 yellow cards and no shots on goal. Finally, I have always liked Howson, but maybe it is time for him to move on.[/quote]No more ruthless than those before him who allowed those contracts to run down. Pretty much little to do with Webber.

Out of all of the dumb signings Neil made this was probably the dumbest. Signing a player with a terrible injury record, while he was injured, on a long term deal? Madness.

So just ignore the reasons I''ve given for why it was? Does someone being an experienced premier league player automatically make them a good signing?

Paul moy wrote the following post at 18/05/2017 7:35 PM:

I wonder who negotiated the contract. Not some economic genius perchance ?

Are you suggesting his signing was a Balls up?

😃😃😃

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Paul moy wrote the following post at 18/05/2017 7:35 PM:

I wonder who negotiated the contract. Not some economic genius perchance ?

Are you suggesting his signing was a Balls up?

😃😃😃[/quote]Oh dear. Pretty dumb of either of you two to trust the other with anything resembling a fact, or an attempt at sarcastic "humour". Jarvis agreed the deal/contract to sign permanently on December 24, 2015, and Balls wasn''t appointed to the board as chairman until December 27, 2015. And in any event it was McNally who negotiated such contracts, and he was still in place at the club.

I''d question whether Jarvis is really a ''proven Premier League player'' especially due to the fact he''d been constantly injured before joining us.

Regardless, your still ignoring the reasons I gave as to why he was a bad signing at the time.

The fact that City are hoping to sell suggests that the player might be ready to play, at least by the beginning of the next campaign.

Even fit it seems unlikely that there would be any serious suitors as any injury free spell is likely to be brief, to say nothing of his wages.

Another £3m+ (?) down the drain.

The waste of the last few seasons has been so horrendous that it almost seems like deliberate sabotage. Perpetrated mostly by the McNally-Neil duo (and blindly sanctioned by the other two) it is no wonder the former decided to cut and run and the latter was sacked.

I do not blame Mad McNally for the last ditch, hit or bust attempt at preserving our PL status I just wish that the players chosen (esp. Naismith) could have been more carefully considered in respect of the task in hand.

Well, we might be looking to see Jarvis, but I suspect no-one will be looking to buy hum.

Players like Mcgovern, Naimsith, Jarvis, Andreu etc will be surplus to requirements and will probably either leave without a transfer fee or move on loan with us still paying a proportion of their wages.

I''m pretty sure if someone enquires to take Jarvis we would be very happy to get him off the books.

Naismith could well do a decent job, the last five games he actually looked like he wanted to play for us, if he can keep motivated might be a decent player next year.

Thompson back with Maddison who I think can play deeper behind Pritchard would be a decent midfield.

Sell might mean for free!

[quote user="pete"]And looking to cash in on Wildshutt according to EDP. Cashing in means getting at least the £7m rumoured fee. Again this is fanciful any interest is unlikely. Webber seems to be bit of a dreamer needs to get real and accept City stuck with under performers until contract runs out.[/quote]

Pete I think you''ll find we paid wayyyy less than the rumoured 7m. When they mentioned the fee to AN live on tv he almost died with laughter and said it was nowhere near that crazy figure. I''d even say he cost nearer the 1.5-2m mark up front with the view to large bonus payments based on promotion/goals/appearances etc.. hence why webber is happy to try and offload him for a similar fee (1-2m) and recoup the money to spend elsewhere. Not a lot lost then as no extra payments required. Plus no doubt Wigan thought to add a sell on fee of the profit if any. That won''t even come into play either. Anyone who thinks/believes we paid 7m for a relegation threatened winger who wasn''t setting the world alight is wrong.

@michael bate

This is classic pinkun. ''Anyone who thinks we paid £7m is wrong, here is a figure I plucked out of my arse and present no evidence for.''

I''d guess we paid nearer the reported figure than £1.5m.

[quote user="pete"]A nice idea but who will take not played at all on big wages and comfortable with the situation who can blame him. Will never sell or give him away if to get rid next season need to invest in package to entice him to walk away.[/quote]

Walk away? I''m not sure Jarvis will ever be capable of doing that...