Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Jens Keller - new manager?

Reported to be a strong candidate, and is German. What do people feel about the prospect of him coming to us?

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Reported to be a strong candidate, and is German. What do people feel about the prospect of him coming to us?[/quote]

Just don''t mention the war, I did once, but I think I got away with it.....

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Reported to be a strong candidate, and is German. What do people feel about the prospect of him coming to us?[/quote]I''d prefer Bier Keller...

[quote user="Move Klose"]It won''t be carvahal. No chance. Probably won''t be Keller either. Will be Rosler.[/quote]

I can''t normally claim to be in the know, but on this occasion I feel fairly confident that the new manager will come from a club outside the UK. That doesn''t mean it is Keller, but it rules out Rosler.

The Keller rumour seems to just come from SkyBet slashing his odds then suspending betting, only to reopen in later. No one in Germany has heard anything about it and Nick Mashiter said Union Berlin have denied it.

Keller had a pre match presser yesterday and was talking about next season.

I think there is nothing in this one.

Im 95% sure it''s Rosler. I''m surprised so many people think it won''t be. It''s just obvious.

I would be happy with Rosler, who describes his football as "''heavy metal'' attacking

football, with powerful quick football with quick transitions from

attack to defence.[53][54]"Anyone know what heavy metal football is?

well it was heavy at wigan and sunk !

Thats my only fear with Rosler

yes ok done well at Fleetwood but NCFC is totally different

it is like Cowley at lincoln yes he can deal with players in that league get them playing well but would that work with Klose or Pinto ??

you never really know until they are here how managers will perform like Lambert after he left us when here looked the best young manager in country

Our first choice is Wagner but it''ll be Rosler if Huddersfield go up. If Rosler bails last minute it''ll be a foreigner.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Im 95% sure it''s Rosler. I''m surprised so many people think it won''t be. It''s just obvious.[/quote]

I''m interested in your certainty. Where''s it coming from? Do you know something? I''m not being provocative, I''m just interested.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The Keller rumour seems to just come from SkyBet slashing his odds then suspending betting, only to reopen in later. No one in Germany has heard anything about it and Nick Mashiter said Union Berlin have denied it.

I think there is nothing in this one.[/quote]

Alex Neil did a pre match presser and was fired hours later! Never say never

[quote user="Dr Greenthumb"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The Keller rumour seems to just come from SkyBet slashing his odds then suspending betting, only to reopen in later. No one in Germany has heard anything about it and Nick Mashiter said Union Berlin have denied it.

I think there is nothing in this one.[/quote]

Alex Neil did a pre match presser and was fired hours later! Never say never[/quote]Yes but Neil was quite unaware he was about to be fired while it seems that if Keller is going to be our head coach he already knows that...

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Did Rosler get Wigan to the Play Offs or did I completely dream that up?[/quote]Yeah 5th in 2013/14 season. Took over from Owen Coyle when Wigan were 14th, and got them to the FA Cup Semi-Finals beating Man City in the process.Then got sacked the next season :P

Was reading about Rosler yesterday think he has a soft spot for Man City , named his two sons Colin & Tony after Colin Bell and Tony Book and one of them plays for Man City academy

Didn''t realise he played for them Nutty until you mentioned it so looked it up

152 apps with 50 goals no wonder they liked him

I wonder if it is Rosler but he is having a holiday before being announced.

Would certainly look better than announcing "Here is the new coach - he is off to the Caribbean for 3 weeks, but is eager to get started."

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well it was heavy at wigan and sunk !

Thats my only fear with Rosler

yes ok done well at Fleetwood but NCFC is totally different

it is like Cowley at lincoln yes he can deal with players in that league get them playing well but would that work with Klose or Pinto ??

you never really know until they are here how managers will perform like Lambert after he left us when here looked the best young manager in country[/quote]Rosler would be a fairly safe and uninspired choice. Feels like David Moyes to me though, maybe I''m being harsh, but he was involved in the playoffs three times (Brentford, Wigan and Fleetwood) and didn''t go up in any of them.Lambert was just a good motivator though. Once Culverhouse had committed the cardinal Villa sin of standing up to Gabby Agbonlahor, there was only going to be one winner, and that summer Lambert offered his resignation, only for Lerner to give him a new four year deal.