Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Will Delia still vote Labour?

Purple - Don''t forget the other local fans groups forces2canaries Proud Canaries plus there are loads of other fans groups in the UK besides Capital Canaries

As Tilly said it will never happen and would never work here

[quote user="Diane"]Purple - Don''t forget the other local fans groups forces2canaries Proud Canaries plus there are loads of other fans groups in the UK besides Capital Canaries

As Tilly said it will never happen and would never work here[/quote]I hadn''t forgotten them, Diane. I said:"...a representative of the fans - that could be someone from the Canary Trust or Capital Canaries..."So I wasn''t ruling any group in or out. I have said all along I doubt this will happen, but if it doesn''t happen it won''t be because of any bureaucratic difficulty in choosing one or more supporter-directors. It will be because the owners (current or potential future) do not want it.I confess I didn''t understand Tilson''s latest post, since he asked how this would work, bureaucratically, and when given a perfectly sensible explanation (lacking only flow charts) claimed that reinforced his view that the idea was a non-starter. As above, it is the basic notion that will be the stumbling block - the why, not the how.I disagree that it would never work with/happen at Norwich City. If there is one club in the top two divisions where it might be taken on board it is us.

The plan, which has

been drawn up in consultation with 95 football supporters’

organisations, would require supporters to come together to form a

single accredited trust in return for the right to:

• appoint and remove up to a quarter and not less than two of a football club’s board of directors;
  • purchase up to 10 per cent of the shares when a club changes ownership, if they so wish.

Your reply does not fit with in with what Labour has said Purple and my take on what i have quoted above shows it leaning towards a Trust of some sort being the players in this plan as opposed to a mix of supporters groups and the representatives being selected and voting upon by people including NCFC club staff as suggested by yourself. Surely only members of such a Trust would get the vote ?

By the way feel free to call me TIL 1010,Tilly or John.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

The plan, which has

been drawn up in consultation with 95 football supporters’

organisations, would require supporters to come together to form a

single accredited trust in return for the right to:

• appoint and remove up to a quarter and not less than two of a football club’s board of directors;
  • purchase up to 10 per cent of the shares when a club changes ownership, if they so wish.

Your reply does not fit with in with what Labour has said Purple and my take on what i have quoted above shows it leaning towards a Trust of some sort being the players in this plan as opposed to a mix of supporters groups and the representatives being selected and voting upon by people including NCFC club staff as suggested by yourself. Surely only members of such a Trust would get the vote ?

By the way feel free to call me TIL 1010,Tilly or John.

[/quote]Til 1010, I was explaining how my ideal plan would work, rather than the Labour proposal, not least because I think the latter is deeply flawed. In two ways. Giving the power to appoint these two or more directors solely to a supporters'' trust (and I speak as a member of the Canaries Trust) is significantly less democratic than opening the process up to the categories I mentioned. Secondly, these directors, as we saw with Swansea, have no real power, and can be used by the owners to fool fans into thinking they have a say, unlike my notion of a supporter-director with a golden-share veto.