Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Super Steve Morison.

Really pleased for him today. Hope he gets a good response when he comes back to Carrow Road.Sections of Millwall fans again showing themselves for the idiots they are, continuing to create a bad reputation for many, many good fans.

Saw that - he looks old now; imo there''s no reason for him not to get a decent reception.

Some of Millwall''s supporters really are rather Neanderthal, a shame for the many that aren''t...

Also pleased for Steve Morrison too, 33 years old 7 still scoring crucial goals, he''ll get a good welcome next season.

Shame about the Millwall fans though

Lots on here reckoned he was lazy but he did well for us. If we''d kept him I reckon he''d have been more useful for than Becchio and Lafferty. I''ll definitely give him a cheer before the game if he returns with Millwall.

his style makes him look quite Lazy but i always thought he did quite well for us a 2nd / reserve striker

i would have him over a few of the strikers we have had since !

A good honest pro and delighted for him but not the Scummy club he plays for. How on earth did a few hundred idiots get on the pitch at the end with what was surely a high security presence for a club with such a torrid history involving their supporters ? As Steve said in the post match interview they ruined his day and what a sad state of affairs to see the Millwall manager Neil Harris on the pitch clearly telling them to feck off.

Note looking forward to us facing Millwall this coming season.

Got a terrible feeling Morrison''s going to tear Klose to shreds !

Whose going to take him ?

Someone like Morrison, so direct & physical - we better rest Klose for that game as with about 40 other fixtures against teams with good strikers.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 20/05/2017 5:11 PM:

Saw that - he looks old now; imo there''s no reason for him not to get a decent reception.

He''s always looked old.

He will get a good reception from me, never going to be a big Norwich favourite because of his style of play, but did actually have a very good spell in the Prem for us.

He certainly did us no wrong and agree with Nutty that Becchio and Laffs certainly haven''t been better than him. People underestimate how all he did for us during his stint here. Seems to be happy at Millwall though and I''m happy for him, always nice to see good ex canaries doing well. I will certainly be giving him a big cheer too

Don''t think he really got the recognition he deserved with us, so fair play to him, will certainly give him a cheer on his return. Hope their s***y fans stay away though.

All this love for Morison is great, but will those who say they will give him a cheer still feel that way if he scores the winner against us?

He''s been gone a while, never set the place on fire when here so whilst the feelings of love for him are highly commendable he won''t get a cheer from me! Only true City legends get that from me

Good point baldyboy, I seem to recall a post on here a couple of years back, complaining when our fans clapped off Steven Gerrard, when being substituted off at carrow road!

[quote user="Greavsy"]Good point baldyboy, I seem to recall a post on here a couple of years back, complaining when our fans clapped off Steven Gerrard, when being substituted off at carrow road![/quote]Now that was plumbing the depths! 

[quote user="Baldyboy"]All this love for Morison is great, but will those who say they will give him a cheer still feel that way if he scores the winner against us?

He''s been gone a while, never set the place on fire when here so whilst the feelings of love for him are highly commendable he won''t get a cheer from me! Only true City legends get that from me[/quote]

My mind is hazy (which is a worry since it wasn''t that long ago!) but wasn''t Morison our second choice striker if/when Holt didn''t start. So the ''never set the place on fire'' quote is difficult for someone in Holt''s shadow.

As others have said, he did pretty well for us and has gone on to do well for Millwall.

Morison was first choice striker for a chunk of that season while Holt was having his normal ''working off the pies'' start. By the end of 11/12 Morison had started more games than Holt - so could be argues he was in fact first choice striker.

Scored some great goals, both home and away to Arsenal come to mind - but suffered, as other Norwich strikers have, by daring not to be Grant Holt.

As I said I''d give him a welcoming cheer before the game. Not after the game and certainly not during the game. Once I put on my happy clappy yellow and green glasses the opposition become the enemy as does the ref everytime he gives a decision against us. Fawning over the opposition during the game is treachery for me. We all claim to be the twelfth man and then some do stuff during the game like chant the opposition managers name while he''s in the dugout plotting to beat us as happened with Malkey.