Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Who'd you prefer - Wagner, Monk or Rosler

Whilst I can''t imagine Monk would fancy the "coach" role, I''d still be happy with a Wagner/Webber partnership. Huddersfield have a tough away tie now against Wed.

That being said, I''ve just read up Rosler''s managerial career, and he''s been pretty successful wherever he''s been, so has gone up in my opinion.

I''m assuming this could be the shortlist based on Webber''s comments, but who out of the 3 would you prefer (assuming it''s not an unknown we''re interested in)

I did a bit of research on the Wagner and Rosler as I don''t know much about them - just wiki - and I think that I''d be happy with any of them, but leaning towards Rosler.Rosler''s playing career was ended by lung cancer! I liked the description of his football philosophy:"Rösler is renowned for his teams playing a high, pressing style of

football, and is also a fan of squad rotation among players, with 4–3–3 or 3–5–2 his favoured formations.[51] Rösler compared his style and brand of football similar to the philosophies of German compatriot Jurgen Klopp,[52]

with Rösler describing the style of football as ''heavy metal'' attacking

football, with powerful quick football with quick transitions from

attack to defence."Heavy metal attacking football eh!It doesn''t say much about Wagner''s philosphy but I was intrigued to find out that in last year''s pre-season "Wagner took his players on a bonding tour of Sweden, where they had to survive with only basic equipment for a few days."Both seem comfortable with radical squad overhauls. 

If the choice is only those three, then Wagner

I''d rather we got a manager than a coach and sporting director or whatever though.

Still can''t believe it will be rosler. If he''s been the preferred choice all along surely we could have got him from fleetwood at any time after webber came in and not wasted a quarter of a season?

Wagner, Wagner or Wagner. If not, then Monk. Not Rosler.

Wagner or Rosler, in that order but I''d be happy with either.

I don''t get the hype about Monk, he finished 8th at Swansea with Laudrup''s squad and then struggled when he had the chance to build his own team; and at Leeds he''s finished one place above us suggesting he''s not much of an upgrade on Alex Neil or Alan Irvine.

[quote user=" Badger"]I did a bit of research on the Wagner and Rosler as I don''t know much about them - just wiki - and I think that I''d be happy with any of them, but leaning towards Rosler.Rosler''s playing career was ended by lung cancer! I liked the description of his football philosophy:"Rösler is renowned for his teams playing a high, pressing style of

football, and is also a fan of squad rotation among players, with 4–3–3 or 3–5–2 his favoured formations.[51] Rösler compared his style and brand of football similar to the philosophies of German compatriot Jurgen Klopp,[52]

with Rösler describing the style of football as ''heavy metal'' attacking

football, with powerful quick football with quick transitions from

attack to defence."Heavy metal attacking football eh!It doesn''t say much about Wagner''s philosphy but I was intrigued to find out that in last year''s pre-season "Wagner took his players on a bonding tour of Sweden, where they had to survive with only basic equipment for a few days."Both seem comfortable with radical squad overhauls.  [/quote]I don''t think we need any radical overhaul. The attitude needed overhauling, and that has been done by the removal of a few malcontents and slackers. Those who are with us at the beginning of the season need to not only be aware, but fully committed to 90mins every game and 46 games in a season. We have shown that it can be done, as in the autumn, and against Brighton, Reading, Preston and QPR in the latter part of the season. I think it is hard to judge who would best suit as because we cannot really know the circumstances of the other clubs when those three took over at each. Maybe it will not be any of those named

[quote user=" Badger"] Rosler''s playing career was ended by lung cancer! I liked the description of his football philosophy:[/quote]

Not strictly true.  He had tumours that were in his chest, successfully treated, but he says it was not lung cancer.

Don''t particularly think any of the three would be a good fit.   Wagner is a total squad rotator kind of guy, Rosler a disciplinarian, Monk still unproven imo.  Of the three, I suppose Rosler, although the fact that Holty didn''t get on with him is not helpful to his cause. 

Have a feeling it''s wait and see with Wagner as first choice otherwise I would''ve thought it would be a done deal by now

i think it is between Rosler Wagner and also heard we have a interest German coach who is plying his trade in the Bundesliga i have no idea who he is though !

Anybody know anything about german football and someone who we might be able to attract ?

@Norfolkngood

i think it is between Rosler Wagner and also heard we have a interest German coach who is plying his trade in the Bundesliga i have no idea who he is though !

Anybody know anything about german football and someone who we might be able to attract ?

Markus Weinzierl current Schalke manager?

[quote user="Bagster"]Have a feeling it''s wait and see with Wagner as first choice otherwise I would''ve thought it would be a done deal by now[/quote]

Agreed - if Monk or Rosler were first choice it would be done and dusted therefore it has to be Wagner.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Don''t particularly think any of the three would be a good fit.   Wagner is a total squad rotator kind of guy, Rosler a disciplinarian, Monk still unproven imo.  Of the three, I suppose Rosler, although the fact that Holty didn''t get on with him is not helpful to his cause.  [/quote]Why would that make a blind bit of difference ?Holt left Carrow Rd years ago and I don''t suppose Webber has ever met Holt either.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Don''t particularly think any of the three would be a good fit.   Wagner is a total squad rotator kind of guy, Rosler a disciplinarian, Monk still unproven imo.  Of the three, I suppose Rosler, although the fact that Holty didn''t get on with him is not helpful to his cause.  [/quote]Why would that make a blind bit of difference ?Holt left Carrow Rd years ago and I don''t suppose Webber has ever met Holt either.[/quote]

It makes a difference, even if it is a psychological one. Holt still has a close connection to our club and a lot of the players. They will be aware of Holty''s problems with Rosler.   It would be better of there were no negatives attached to anyone coming in.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Still can''t believe it will be rosler. If he''s been the preferred choice all along surely we could have got him from fleetwood at any time after webber came in and not wasted a quarter of a season?[/quote]No, for a couple of reasons. For starters Rosler has been contracted to managing Fleetwood Town since Webber was appointed, and both of them may have been waiting to see if Fleetwood Town got promoted. Secondly, if Rosler ends up being appointed as our head coach that doesn''t necessarily mean he was the preferred choice all along. It could be Webber was waiting to see who (possibly including Wagner and managers on the continent) was available at the end of the season, and then finding that of his shortlist Rosler was top of those who were open to offers.

Of the three named, I''d be happy enough with any but prefer Monk. It is a bit daft to say he cashed in on Laudrup, they were on a dire run and in danger of going down, so to avert that and follow up with their best season was pretty reasonable, he''s also done well at Leeds, which was a bit of a car crash when he came in. Rosler has been a bit of a mixed bag, Wagner is a bit of a gamble as it could easily be a case of ''right-time-right-place'' with Hudds, it happens sometimes where things just ''click'' (as with Lambert, who hasn''t set the world alight since leaving, his best time to date was with us).

For people to say they are underwhelmed without giving any alternatives is pretty pointless. I guess we have to sit tight and see what transpires - after all the rumours it could well be someone else…but whoever it is we have to give them a chance.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Still can''t believe it will be rosler. If he''s been the preferred choice all along surely we could have got him from fleetwood at any time after webber came in and not wasted a quarter of a season?[/quote]No, for a couple of reasons. For starters Rosler has been contracted to managing Fleetwood Town since Webber was appointed, and both of them may have been waiting to see if Fleetwood Town got promoted. Secondly, if Rosler ends up being appointed as our head coach that doesn''t necessarily mean he was the preferred choice all along. It could be Webber was waiting to see who (possibly including Wagner and managers on the continent) was available at the end of the season, and then finding that of his shortlist Rosler was top of those who were open to offers.[/quote]

Contracted or not you''re not seriously telling me that if we''d approached rosler mid season we wouldn''t have been able to prise him away from the mighty fleetwood?!?

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote: "Contracted or not you''re not seriously telling me that if we''d approached rosler mid season we wouldn''t have been able to prise him away from the mighty fleetwood?!? 
What a typical bit of British cynicism! Ever occur to you that some people have principles, and that Rosler might actually be a man of integrity who wouldn''t dream of not seeing out his contract and letting down a chairman with whom he has an excellent rapport simply because "a bigger opportunity" presents itself? 

Wagner

Monk

Rosler

Mainly because Wagner has already worked well with Webber.

Monk did well with Swansea and survived a season at Leeds!

Rosler is more of an unknown quantity and a bit of a gamble.