Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Zee Germans are coming

You can''t argue they seem to be shaking up the English leagues....

Klopp at Liverpool has done a great job, if Mane hadn''t of been injured and ineligible for big chunk of the season they would have probably been a lot closer to Chelsea.

Wagner at Huddersfield has transformed a near relegation candadate to the brink of the premiership and I fully expect them to beat Reading who rolled over and died at Carrow road.

The key to their system seems to be high tempo, high pressing and trying to win the ball back as soon as possible. You need an extremely fit squad to execute this throughout a season especially in the championship.

Farke''s record with the Dortmund u23 seems far more impressive than Wagners, get him in asap and get the squad in top physical condition for August. Let Webber get on with finding the targets like Mooy who''ve been spectacular for Huddersfield and we''re in for a treat.

The football played at home the last few seasons has be dire at least this will bring all action back to Carrow road again.

Perhaps we are not thinking far enough south; the number of Italian coaches winning leagues suggests we should be aiming for serie B tbh.

dont know who invented it but i think the current fad for gegenpressing did reappear from them about 8-9 seasons ago and I think before that Klinsmann as german manager talked about strikers immediately recovering the ball.

So who do we have who would suit this style of play? Jerome, Naismith, Pritchard?

Or, more importantly, who doesn''t.? Wes, Oliveira, Howson, Tettey? They all like time on the ball rather than pressing the opposition.