Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

JJ ?

Couldn''t make it to the game last night...could anyone please tell me how Jason Jarrett played last night?  So far, he seems to be taking a while to match the pace and gel with the rest of the team.  Hope he comes good soon.

He did ok, nothing to set the world on fire, some good tackles, ok passing, but to me didnt seem as though his heart was in it, for me the jury is still out.

THE JURY IS DEFINATLEY STILL OUT!

HE DID NOTHING WRONG IN THE FIRST 35 MINS OR SO, BUT AFTYER A NEARLY FATAL BACK PASS THE CONFIDENCE JUST WENT AND HE LOOKED LETHARGIC UNTIL HE WAS SUBBED. DON''T GET ME WRONG HE WASN''T BAD HE JUST WASN''T THAT GOOD EITHER.

Worthy played him in the Safri position of the ''diamond'' so he had a lot to live up to but I thought he was awful.

Incapable of passing forwards - most passes go backwards and sometimes variates with a sideways pass.

Plays facing his own goal virtually all the time (which explains the above).

Gets caught in possession or two minds too often.

Needs to improve a hell of a lot but to be fair to him he still doesnt look fit.

bottom line he was OK, nothing special and definatly nothing worth kicking Hughes out of the side. Hughes and safri are easily going to keep their positions unless JJ suddenly has a maraculas change in form.

he was ok, didnt really do much wrong, but then again really didnt do much at all. When safri is on the pitch, you know he is there, when jarrat is on the pitch you barely see him.

Only seemed to pass when he had an oppostion player attached to him. I may be wrong but I thought good players would pass or make something happen before someone got to them. Seems like a combination of the fat lazy Mulryne and big headed Francis. Not a great combination on the face of it but lets see if a kick up the arse will help at some point.

This post hardly inspires confidence for October when JJ comes in for the ramadaned Safri then does it?

OTBC

Personally I don''t think he is 100% match fit, or he is playing and worrying about picking up an injury.  He quite clearly is not looking confident.

It''s not easy coming into a club/team thats low in confidence.  Take into account he broke his leg last season and then his preseason was disrupted by a hamstring problem and it''s understandable that it is taking him a bit of time to settle. 

Frankly though I feel it''s a bit early to be making a decision on him as he has not played enough.  At least lets get to christmas before we have all decided to throw him on the scrap heap.

I feel the fickle-fan-meter has swung from one extreme to the other with JJ.  I was sceptical when we signed him but most people criticised me for questioning his transfer.  I am still prepared to give him time though before I make my mind up, it''s a shame that everyone else has already decided he''s crap.

"I feel the fickle-fan-meter has swung from one extreme to the other with JJ. I was sceptical when we signed him but most people criticised me for questioning his transfer. I am still prepared to give him time though before I make my mind up, it''s a shame that everyone else has already decided he''s crap."

Spot on, Saint (how is Greavsy by the way?), I''ve already posted how irked the ficklesters make me - is Christmas too much to ask for?

I''m disappointed so far - he was hopeless against Palace - but, as somebody already said, his games so far have been in a poor team, low on confidence!

[quote]This post hardly inspires confidence for October when JJ comes in for the ramadaned Safri then does it? OTBC[/quote]

he will do wont he. How about Playing marney in the centre with Squiz on the left instead

Didn''t look good against Northampton, but we must remember that he virtually missed the whole of last season through injury.  If I am correct didn''t he play under Worthy at Blackpool which might explain why we signed him.

If he is given another chance then he needs to show a bit more if he is to win the fans over.

[quote]he will do wont he. How about Playing marney in the centre with Squiz on the left instead[/quote]

Good point Northern, he will do.  I doubt that many, if any clubs in the Championship have a really good midfielder as backup in their squad.