Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

One hell of a gamble

All I''m doing is ignoring your childish and simplistic analogy and presenting you with some relevant football-related information. Do with it what you will.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]All I''m doing is ignoring your childish and simplistic analogy and presenting you with some relevant football-related information. Do with it what you will.[/quote]Thanks for that reply. Filed under ''troll''.

If this appointment comes off people are going to have to be patient. We can''t expect promotion in his first year. Some impatient fans will expect promotion.

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]Mindless stupidity

Can anyone explain to me his expertise in getting out of the second tier of English or even any understanding of English football

It is not a gamble it''s incompetence[/quote]

No, incompetence is being unable to spell "chihuahua" correctly.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]All I''m doing is ignoring your childish and simplistic analogy and presenting you with some relevant football-related information. Do with it what you will.[/quote]Thanks for that reply. Filed under ''troll''.[/quote]Brilliant stuff, Len. Any comments about the relative weakness of English football on the international stage, and the concurrent increase of top-quality foreign managers to the English game? Nah, thought not. But I''m the troll.Honestly, it''s embarrassing how simple some of our fans are.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="daly"]Roman Abramovich[/quote]
Fairly certain you''d still find some fans complaining even then [;)]
[/quote]

Yep - I would literally stop supporting the club if Abramovich took it over.

Incidentally, and unrelated to the point above, I would also stop supporting the club if it was bought by an individual whose wealth was the result of criminal enterprises, bribery or corruption under the protection of a political kleptocracy.

Shame that hyperbole masks natural hopes and concerns at each extreme of the view.

Of course there is a gamble to this and it is natural some will be concerned at his.

Likewise appointing a pardew moyes allardyce would not provide any greater chance of promotion than say a farke.

It appears to me that we are taking a calculated risk having researched the market quite deeply. It is not a cheap option.

There is as much chance as this working as not - our success is rarely predictable (worthys rise then fall for example) so I shall balance my concerns with the good reports coming from Germany on Farkes ability and support him if appointed.

Can anyone explain to me why they think this is a calculated gamble

Makes much more sense to bung a wedge at Sam allardyce who would guarantee you promotion

He is manager of a reserve team for a reason

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]Can anyone explain to me why they think this is a calculated gamble

Makes much more sense to bung a wedge at Sam allardyce who would guarantee you promotion

He is manager of a reserve team for a reason[/quote]Lots of people have already explained to you very intelligently why they think it''s a calculated gamble. Grow up, stop trolling and have a reasoned argument.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]To appoint Farke.

Hopefully he will be a success, but if he doesn''t hit the ground running I''m sure many on here will be going mad at the Club for this appointment.

I think it''s very brace personally, and hope he''s a roaring success but he has to be given time to sort the playing staff out!

Hopefully the future will be bright 😁[/quote]

All depends on whether he passes the Russell Martin test.

If Martin is anywhere near the first team next season then the new coach will be a joke whoever he is.

Future of the club hangs in the balance with any of the old guard still hanging around.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Len"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]All I''m doing is ignoring your childish and simplistic analogy and presenting you with some relevant football-related information. Do with it what you will.[/quote]Thanks for that reply. Filed under ''troll''.[/quote]Brilliant stuff, Len. Any comments about the relative weakness of English football on the international stage, and the concurrent increase of top-quality foreign managers to the English game? Nah, thought not. But I''m the troll.Honestly, it''s embarrassing how simple some of our fans are.
[/quote]If I went and looked, should I expect to find lots of critical comments from yourself about Neil Adams and Alex Neil? Or will I find you (and young Hogesar) insulting and berating other posters for making negative remarks about their appointments?
I expect it''s the latter, a) because you''re a happy clapper, b) because you''re a troll.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Len"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]All I''m doing is ignoring your childish and simplistic analogy and presenting you with some relevant football-related information. Do with it what you will.[/quote]Thanks for that reply. Filed under ''troll''.[/quote]Brilliant stuff, Len. Any comments about the relative weakness of English football on the international stage, and the concurrent increase of top-quality foreign managers to the English game? Nah, thought not. But I''m the troll.Honestly, it''s embarrassing how simple some of our fans are.
[/quote]If I went and looked, should I expect to find lots of critical comments from yourself about Neil Adams and Alex Neil? Or will I find you (and young Hogesar) insulting and berating other posters for making negative remarks about their appointments?
I expect it''s the latter, a) because you''re a happy clapper, b) because you''re a troll.
[/quote]

The top quality foreign coaches at the top end of the English game aren''t exactly renowned for developing or picking English players in their teams and so that explains the weakness of the national side. But there are other factors too.

I''ll take ''young'' :)

You''ll find both. Positive and negative about both managers, I should imagine. Although i''ll admit to generally giving the benefit of doubt towards our managers for longer than some on here.

I will give the new manager a chance. I like the fact that he isn''t Scottish more than I dislike the fact that he''s German.

Some of the biggest gambles have borne the best fruit.Mike Walker, Dave Stringer, Paul Lambert and Alex Neil (for 6 months anyway).

if he is the new manager then lets all welcome him with open arms.I''m excited about a foreign manager, different way of coaching, thinking and hopefully this will improve the team.no guarantee any manager will be a success but until he''s in the role none of us are going to know!Dortmund are an established top level side and I doubt very much they hire bad coaches.