Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

West Ham sign Greeno!.

I must say I felt great relief watching Sky Sports last night and finding out that Citeh had signed Calamity James. Because there''s no way that West Ham could afford Greeeeeenooooo and so your posting, thankfully, didn''t have me too worried.

On the same subject though, does anyone else find it frustrating that the rest of the country has NO IDEA about what goes on here at Norwich? We flatter ourselves by thinking Green will be called up for England, or be bought by Man City, or Drury could be signed by Saints, or Leeds/Northern Ireland wanting Worthy to manage them but really, the rest of the country doesn''t have a clue!!

Green''s name has not been mentioned by anyone in the prem, Worthy''s name was not mentioned for any vacant manager''s jobs outside Norwich - WHY???

Still it''s to our benefit, cos then nobody will buy all our best players or poach our manager. Still does my head in though. So many people say "oh, you''re a Norwich fan, what division are you in now?"

HELLOOOOOOO ENGLAND, WE''RE STILL HERE!!!

Galling, isn''t it?! Was visiting friends in the south at Christmas - the usual story: "Oh you support Norwich. Which division are they in now?" But then the comment: "But at least the food must be good!" To hark back to an earlier post this week: As soon as NCFC appear on the national radar (by virtue of a cup tie against a Premiership club), the predictable, un-original headlines feature around: "Delia gets recipe wrong" or "What''s cooking in Delia''s kitchen?" Still (shakes head and smiles tolerantly), let''s let them get on with it!!

I prefer it when we''re not on the national radar, because we always seem to start losing when anyone takes notice of us! Look at last week - the press descended on Colney, big interviews in the Nationals with Worthy and Five Live had an exclusive interview with Hucks. And we lost! Exactly the same happened the week Watford paid us a visit. Surely that''s no coincidence.
Thanks for causing the slight heart attack though, Wiz...

the other annoying thing you get when you say you support norwich...

"oh yeah, i remember whatshisname, with that goal against Munich, Goss was it?"

Yes, yes, that was him. A lot has happened since then though!

Talking of Jeremy Goss, I remember the Norwich fans booing his name
at Highbury when the Norwich team was read out. He played brillaintly that
day. Shame we went onto lose due to two dodgy penalties (REFEREE!! Mr Tyson - I''ll never forget his name) and we were 3-1 up at one stage. Tim Sherwood scored a brilliant goal for us from about 2 yards out, he hit it up into the roof of the net. Anybody else there
that day?

Although I like to see England do well I care much more about City and quite frankly I dont care if Greeno or any of our players dont get picked for England. When this has happened in the dim and distant past (Reeves, Sutton etc) this has usually been a prelude to their deparure.
Keep ignoring us world. Suits me fine.

Funny thing is, the transfer deadline is always the last Thursday in March, but I''d bet you''d still get some people going.

Marshall to West Ham? Now that would be funny. From Calamity to Clown.

PS. Don''t do it Andy. Keep trousering £15K a week from your current employer for a little longer. LOL.

Green to West Ham? Don''t be silly, they ain''t got the money to buy thay kind of quality! Unless they want to have to sell all their players again!

Goss, I still have the shirt with his name and number on the back and the UEFA badge on the front, call me sad, but I still think that is one of the proudest moments I remember as a young Canary supporter (I was still at school getting bullied by all the Arse, Spurs, Man U supporters and for once they gave me some respect).