Sign in to follow this  
e block

Re: policing

Yes, this was the one!
It will be very interesting to see what happens tonight.
My guess is that there will be several ejections IF, what I understand is correct in that the police will move in, if the stewards have no success in making everyone sit down.
What this will do for the atmosphere, you dont have to be a brain surgeon to work it out.
Having been told at the Rotherham game, that I would be arrested for persistent standing (what sort of offence is that for god''s sake), I am left with the dubious decision as to "risk" being branded a criminal, or sit down and see absolutely nothing for 90 minutes!...on the other hand , I suppose that I could politely ask everyone in front of me to kindly sit down....yeh, right, not a very good idea is it?!
It is time for the club to issue a statement is it not?

As I understand it there will be a big advert in tonight''s programme advising fans that they must sit down. This is part of a clampdown that is having to be enforced by clubs in the light of threats from the Football Licensing Authority. Essentially the clubs have been told by the FLA that they have to make fans sit in seated areas.

In reality the club has little choice but to comply however as you say it will be interesting to see how the situation is handled by the stewards and police. If they are not careful it could be like when the Barclay first went all-seater and they were chucking out about 10 people at every game which was causing all sorts of problems. I think the stewards in the Barclay have improved massively in recent years and can''t see them causing too many problems - not so sure about the police.